Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't I see a rear ladder other that Gobi that fastened to the edges of the rear hatch?
if so, does anyone have link or any input.
Want mostly for looks , but will help loading cargo basket up top.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
what about those Travel trailer Ladders, cut to fit... slight mod.. should work.. paint to match color.

just a thought.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Chug said:
what about those Travel trailer Ladders, cut to fit... slight mod.. should work.. paint to match color.

just a thought.
I thought about that. If I am going to buy something that requires me getting the grinders and welder out to modify, I might as well buy a tubing bender and some material. I wanna build a bumper anyway. If someone could get an existing rack to work, that would be great.

·
on line
6,064 Posts
I've only ever seen a custom side ladder over the back window that was built into a cage for the Xterra.
I'm sure you could do one with an after marker rear bumper. Might have to scratch the tire off the bumper but you could do a ladder on a swing arm. Make it thick enough, you won't have to re-inforce it to anything up top

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Frontrunner makes a universal set of steps that attach to your spare tire (assuming you have one mounted on the rear of the vehicle) ... http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/ladders/front-runner-spare-wheel-step.html#.U13-iie9KSM

... I think Sierra Expeditions sells their stuff here in the States, but I'm sure there are other retailers.

Slee has a bumper that does exactly what Blain's talking about (mount a ladder on one side of the tire-swing) ... but their bumpers are all for Land Cruisers.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
nothing. I don't dislike the Gobi ladder ( never really seen one in person though) but I was talking to somebody local to me and he was talking about another brand but he didn't remember the name of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts