Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So turns out I have some pitted spider gears and we all know we can't just buy them from Nissan for $40 like you can a real Dana 44:/ So I don't have money for an ARB right now and I am looking for a replacement.

I have found a few damaged rear ends but when I finally get pictures they are ALWAYS the non-locker versions. Well I found a m226 out of a titan and wanted to know if it is the same exact locker. The research I have done tells me yes, but I don't know for sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Chris

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Maybe.
There are a few different versions of the locker. The 6MT has a different ring gear offset then the automatic transmission version. There is also a change in '08 from 2 spider gears to 4 spider gears.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The biggest difference is that nissan and dana spicer changed the axle spline count to 35 instead of our 33 to handle the extra power. They changed that around 06 or 07 if I remember correctly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The biggest difference is that nissan and dana spicer changed the axle spline count to 35 instead of our 33 to handle the extra power. They changed that around 06 or 07 if I remember correctly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Late '07 (early introduction of the '08 parts) when they went to the 4-spider gear.

It is related to the Titan, that is the same time the Titan got more HP. Amazingly they commonized the upgraded Titan parts into the Xterra platform.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts