Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to reach Greg at PRG for quite some time now but he hasn't got back to me. Hope all is ok. So I'll ask a question that I'm sure has been asked a million times. Read no further if you're a troll. Looking to lift my stock pro4X only 2". I also want to run 1.5" tire spacers to give it that wide stance. Any and all recommendations are welcome. This is the prg link of what I'm thinking about getting
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg-2xe31mk-x/
Thoughts? Pros/Cons?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Use Nisstech. They also offer a discount for tnx members. Check their subforum.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
1,113 Posts
They seem to still be in buisness I ordered the U-bolt flip kit a few weeks ago and had it at my door a few days later.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
PRG is in business i have spoken to Greg a number of times over the past two weeks taking care of my titan swap parts. You just have to keep calling or e-mail him. I hate to be the one but research! there are so many pages on basic 2 inch lifts GOOGLE is your friend
The spacers sold by nisstec must be installed by disassembling the coilovers and affect preload, the ones from Greg bolt on top of the coilovers using the existing threads and new ones pressed in.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You have two options 1) go with a cheap first lift 2inch spacers and AAL. if you do decide to go this route purchase the AAL new and find someone selling 2 inch spacers. 2) if you're willing to spend a little pick up a set of coilovers, AAL, adjustable shackles for a decent setup. That is easily around $600. I do a have a set of nisstec 2 inch lift spacers left over for $80 shipped if you decide that route.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
PRG is in business i have spoken to Greg a number of times over the past two weeks taking care of my titan swap parts. You just have to keep calling or e-mail him. I hate to be the one but research! there are so many pages on basic 2 inch lifts GOOGLE is your friend
The spacers sold by nisstec must be installed by disassembling the coilovers and affect preload, the ones from Greg bolt on top of the coilovers using the existing threads and new ones pressed in.
Partially true. Nisstech also sells on top spacers as well and the in coil ones.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have two options 1) go with a cheap first lift 2inch spacers and AAL. if you do decide to go this route purchase the AAL new and find someone selling 2 inch spacers. 2) if you're willing to spend a little pick up a set of coilovers, AAL, adjustable shackles for a decent setup. That is easily around $600. I do a have a set of nisstec 2 inch lift spacers left over for $80 shipped if you decide that route.
Thanks. The link I posted in my message is to prg. That kit seems to include AAL, bump stops, 2" spacer and shackles on the leafs. Wonder if they're adjustable? Anyway, for $300 isn't that everything I need? Are you suggesting to ad coil overs to that exact package? Also, I prefer easy on/ easy off projects. That kit seems like something I can instal myself. Thoughts?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Search function maybe?

Its all been covered many many times, but yes its an easy install. Also yes it is beneficial to get better shocks to improve your ride.

To get a feel for what its like check out one of the many how-to's. They do a good job of showing you just what your getting yourself into. Did you read through the link I posted earlier :scratch: , it will answer a lot of you your questions :confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its all been covered many many times, but yes its an easy install. Also yes it is beneficial to get better shocks to improve your ride.

To get a feel for what its like check out one of the many how-to's. They do a good job of showing you just what your getting yourself into. Did you read through the link I posted earlier :scratch: , it will answer a lot of you your questions :confused:
Thanks. Didn't see your link! Was hidden under an ad so I thought it was part of it. Just checked it out. Very informative thanks for sharing. I'm think I will go ahead with that package from PRG to include AAL with shackles attached, 2" spacers, bump stops. I'll also grab some shims as that sounds like a good precautionary measure. I definitely want to widen the appearance of my X by adding 1.5" wheel spacers to all 4 tires. And if I have enough money in the budget I'll get the coilovers. If not, my stock pro4X bilsteins should be able to handle the adjustment. But what do I know.. Thanks for the help. I still invite people to comment with your thoughts. I like different opinions.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The shims are a good idea, sometimes adjustable shackles can be enough to compensate for the angle change if remember correctly. I know at least a few people said their shackles prevented drive-line vibration.

Glad the thread link was informative.

Cheers :drink:

·
on line
4,434 Posts
Just talked to Greg yesterday. My Bilstein 5125 boots are hard as rocks and cracked and broken and clunking. He advised me to just cut them off. I don't see any evidence of them leaking, but I need to take the shocks off and cycle them by hand to check them.

Bottom line is that PRG's website sucks, and Greg is the first to admit that. Best to call them directly during their shop hours.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I was debating between going with a cheap spacer kit first or saving up for the kit I really wanted. I ended up waiting to lift and getting this kit: http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/4wd_advanced_coilover_kit/

I think it was a better decision, I got the lift I really wanted and didn't feel like I was wasting my money on spacers that I would replace later. The one I went with actually gives me more travel than a spacer, which means it's better off road and not just about looks and stance.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I was debating between going with a cheap spacer kit first or saving up for the kit I really wanted. I ended up waiting to lift and getting this kit: http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/4wd_advanced_coilover_kit/

I think it was a better decision, I got the lift I really wanted and didn't feel like I was wasting my money on spacers that I would replace later. The one I went with actually gives me more travel than a spacer, which means it's better off road and not just about looks and stance.
You will be very happy.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I already am, but enough is never enough. Due to a problem with some bushings I ended up with new shackles that left the back 2" taller than the front. Now I want another 2" in the front to level the X and handle the weight of a steel front bumper and winch.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to do a diff drop bracket without breaking the bank on a full kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts