Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Xterra Offroad MT6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all, first time poster. I bought my X (08, OR, 6MT, 241k mi) last year.

It has OME shocks all around, the leaf packs have yellow round rubber things between, and the shackles have yellow bushings. Making me think its all OME, but it seems to sit at stock ride height (according to other discussions on here).

Just wondering if the leaf packs look stock....and also is it an issue that some leaves are off-centre from the rest?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Looks like OME leafs to me. They could just be worn and flattened out; that's quite a lot of miles and I'm assuming you would have no way of knowing when the previous owner put them on.

FWIW the lift amount in the rear from Old Man Emu suspension is pretty subtle, only around 1.25". Definitely improved ride over stock though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like OME leafs to me. They could just be worn and flattened out; that's quite a lot of miles and I'm assuming you would have no way of knowing when the previous owner put them on.

FWIW the lift amount in the rear from Old Man Emu suspension is pretty subtle, only around 1.25". Definitely improved ride over stock though.
I agree they do look pretty flat, yet I have never had issues with hitting bump stops as I have read others have had, so would make sense they are upgraded. I read a thread that gave stock ride height and its just about bang on +/- tire wear etc.
Thanks for the spec on OME leaf pack

·
Registered - From Westminster, CA, USA
249 Posts
I’d just take a hammer and beat those back into alignment. Check any nuts and bolts for tightness

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d just take a hammer and beat those back into alignment. Check any nuts and bolts for tightness
This is my first truck, first leaf springs....I call myself mechanically inclined, yet didnt think of that! Thanks

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
It almost looks like they didn't put one of the bushings in :/ There shouldn't be that much of the bushing showing (RHS) and nothing showing (LHS). I'd replace the bushings as there's possibly some lateral twist, which could be the cause of the leafs out of alignment from one another.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It almost looks like they didn't put one of the bushings in :/ There shouldn't be that much of the bushing showing (RHS) and nothing showing (LHS). I'd replace the bushings as there's possibly some lateral twist, which could be the cause of the leafs out of alignment from one another.
Are you talking about the little disk between leaves? It does look a bit smooshed.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
568 Posts
Are you talking about the little disk between leaves? It does look a bit smooshed.
No, last photo is missing the left side bush.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just went outside and check my 2006 SE.

I believe yours are not stock, our Xterras come with 3 curved leafs and one flat at the bottom, giving a total of 4.

I see you have a total of 6 leafs.

I may be wrong, just guessing here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just went outside and check my 2006 SE.

I believe yours are not stock, our Xterras come with 3 curved leafs and one flat at the bottom, giving a total of 4.

I see you have a total of 6 leafs.

I may be wrong, just guessing here.
Thanks for checking, I was having a hard time counting on some pics on the web!

·
on line
469 Posts
Yes, looks like you have the OME Dakar leaf springs, bushings and shackles.

Looks like you also have the greasable OME shackles (you can see the zerk fitting in the pic) and they look like they could desperately uses a few pumps of grease.

I have these too, and usually grease mine once a year, or about every 10K miles.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts

Looks like you also have the greasable OME shackles (you can see the zerk fitting in the pic) and they look like they could desperately uses a few pumps of grease.

I have these too, and usually grease mine once a year, or about every 10K miles.
Good catch, I didn't notice the yellow bushings until you pointed that out. I have yet to see another leaf set for the Xterra with yellow bushings so I bet you're right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Any idea what the part number is for those bushings for the X? Seems like there are many similar part numbers while ive been looking. Sent a message to ARB but don’t expect a quick response!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts