Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious, but it seems to me that any group event posted int he "events" section gets like little to no response from anyone. Whats up with that? Im going to end up at 3 or 4 events this year with the fj cruiser forum because they are always up for a group weekend run. Whats the deal?

·
on line
589 Posts
I don't know about everyone else but the SCCX group has a great following with close to 10-20 Xterras at every run. And a run is organized one full weekend a month, we just use the SCCX forums themselves for that.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Mark, no, ECXC is not the only thing. I belong to a lot of other clubs that do runs. As far as Xterra/Nissan events, yes, ECXC will be about the only one. You have to rememeber, we get out to RC (and previously Paragon) a good bit which ends up being a weekend run.

Problem is, wheeling a long way from home with the rig that has to get you home can be very very very hairy. I am willing to beat it up at Paragon in a large group from the Pittsburgh area becuase I know if the poop hits the fan, I can get back home and in most cases get someone to trailer my crap back home.

Take a look at PGH-Offroad.com. There is a weekend long camping run the end of the month.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I am not sure about Ohio, but in the Northeast we have the Upstate NY Xterra Club, New England Xterra Club, and the Long Island Xterra club.

Each has multiple events thru out the year. They are just not posted on thenewx.org

Also, I sometimes just end up wheeling with random people.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
kokopop said:
Also, I sometimes just end up wheeling with random people.
I'm the same way; my schedule is so random that I go with whoever's around, which, near me, is usually a couple of guys in old, jacked-up chevys. My wheelin' usually entails mud-runs rather than rock climbing as there isn't much of a following with it in the crew I hang out with. Once I move to Cali this fall, I hope to get into it more.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
mcampana said:
Jason.........I know the pa club gets together alot, and thats cool. But it just seems like in general it doesnt get too much attention here.
Anyone can post a club run of any type. ECXC was posted because someone posted it. Just happened to be a mod posted it.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
In the Southeast there is NOAS, with large events every few months in places likes TN, KY, NC and GA.
This is a Nissan only club.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
ECXC will be the only run I am 100% on that I will be attending.

I just travel WAY too much to say yes. After ECXC the Wheeling bug will Bite and I'll be looking for time off all over the place.

I do normally look at the local NorthEast Clubs for runs. UNYX, LINXC, NEXTerra.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Come down here :). I'll put you on a trail every weekend for the next 6 months w/ someone from AZXC. We wheel all year long, and mud does not play a big part of what we do here.. It's all about the rocks baby.
As a club, we'll also attend natl events ie- GONE, RONIN, Etc. and hook up with other clubs when possible ie- SWANKy, SCCX, SWXC, Etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts