Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Saw these on sale and bought a set. The double.sided tape on it sucked so i added some 3m auto and love this led strip now.
Plugs into a 12v socket...the one in the rear.
I put it on the back hatch, so when i lift it there is plenty of light at night. Shines inside and out...much brighter than originally expected
It also has a switch. My favorite part...no wiring to run i used 3m tape and a few zip ties to keep everything where i want it. Easiest thing i have installed yet. Ill take a few pics when i get a chance.
Edit: added night shot to first post.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Others have also went this route using amazon LED strip lights which are cheaper. I would love to see how you mounted them and how much light it puts out. Thanks for sharing in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Others have also went this route using amazon LED strip lights which are cheaper. I would love to see how you mounted them and how much light it puts out. Thanks for sharing in advance!

I looked at those, but i didnt see much prewired with a switch and 12v plug. I am sure there is, but i am not a huge fan of amazon, so if i can find something outside that for a decent price i will. Will try to remember to take a pick tonite.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
802 Posts
I bought this LED stip in 2019 for my work van that I personally installed with its m3 tape that it has on the back to the inside of the van's roof and its been working great !
van sits outside in the heat and cold and the let light still on there solid
Will take a photo tonight to show how it looks )

Edit: and here are some photos... don't mind the mess lol

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I bought this LED stip in 2019 for my work van that I personally installed with its m3 tape that it has on the back to the inside of the van's roof and its been working great !
Will take a photo tonight to show how it looks )

Edit: and here are some photos... don't mind the mess lol
View attachment 138183
View attachment 138184
Wow that’s actually super bright! I thought it was inside a garage at first. Going to use this setup for night fishing in the back of the truck (I believe Albatross has the same setup). Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
802 Posts
Wow that’s actually super bright! I thought it was inside a garage at first. Going to use this setup for night fishing in the back of the truck (I believe Albatross has the same setup). Thanks for sharing!

awesome ! keep us posted hows your setup ends up ) and they are on sale now btw.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will take a photo tonight to show how it looks
What else did you need to wire it up?

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
802 Posts
What else did you need to wire it up?
it has 2 pigtales on both ends for +/- so what I did I cut in in half and I simply wired it up to the rear door lamp light on the van.
in your cease you might need a wire + switch

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Currently unavailable... but you can find a million similar options, this is just the one I bought
48 LED panel that fits into the oem dome light. Its obnoxiously bright.... though I admit, its not as far out as something gate mounted, so the 'spread' isn't as nice.
BUT.... its wired in and works like OEM. I have one in the middle row too, but generally stays off because its so bright it can be annoying.
Also, these bright lights attract bugs like CRAZY.
I have a friend who did a multi-color LED strip setup like yours purely to use orange or red at night around the camp site. I just hate the feel of all the cheapie remotes those come with.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I personally like my eagle eye LEDs in the top hatch trim tied into a switched circuit. I think I paid $10 for a pack of 10 LED bolts and $5 for some cheap switches. Mounted the switch on the passenger side D pillar. You could use orange or red ones to cut back on bugs. But it’s nowhere near as bright as OPs setup.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have red led in the rear for use at night when i don't want/need a lot of light...thats why i went this route..i didnt wanted it connected to that light making it all or nothing. I can have red light, all the light or no light...i like options.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts