Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my students asked me today if I was going snow wheeling after school today. I said no, but as I was leaving for the day I said, screw it, I want to do some wheeling. I remembered the kid mentioning wheeling on "state road" before, so I googled it, and got a ballpark idea on where I should be looking.
I'm not sure if where I was is what he was talking about or not, but when I got home I decided to check out where I was on google maps. I noticed one of the roads was called Rausch Creek road, so I figured RC must be around there somewhere..... well, it turns out it is 7minutes from where I was.
I have never been to RC before, and had NO IDEA it was right down the road from where I work.

The red is what I wheeled. As far as I could tell, it was a legal place to be, the main access trail was a power line/fire break road, then the trails stemmed off of it. At the entrance to the trail there was a really old unreadable sign, all I could get off of it was "mining" "land" and "preserve", I was thinking about sending a letter or the township asking them who own the land and what use is permitted on it. As far as I could tell, the powerline/fire break continues for many miles up and over the mountain and trails are along the whole thing.

Where I wheeled:

"A" is the entrance to where I was, "B" is Rausch Creek. Google maps says I was 3.2miles and 7minutes from RC:

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys, I can't. My parents are having all my relatives over on the 15th for Xmas.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mcampana said:
But they arent goona be there the 14th! Come out friday!
Trust me, I thought about it, but there is a little something called work.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I can't do it this time, but try me again next time, I'll be up for it.

Steve, you have any free weekends in Jan. to help me do some mods?
I have a 2" bodylift that has got to get installed. Also, I got LifeintheSouth's old stock X leafsprings, that I am going to add to my leafpack to re-arch it a bit so I can get rid of my block. I have a U-bolt flip to do at the same time too.
That garage would come in handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts