Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 S with the stock stereo.
Is here a way to hardwire a jack for an Ipod?
I am aware of the Fm modulators and I am not interested in that

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I dont think so.... I could be wrong but you either need an aux output (for RCA jacks) or an I pod specific output. Since you definitely dont have the latter the only way would be to put the aux output. I know you could install preamp outputs in factory decks, but I dont think you can do it for just an aux.

(Though i have been known to be wrong from time to time)

·
on line
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I may just grab a double din reciever for $200 it will probably be cheaper

·
on line
1,638 Posts
There is a way to wire in an aux jack on your stock single din deck through the CD signal. It takes soldering some wires onto the proper leads. But for all this work guess you're better off buying a new deck.

·
on line
853 Posts
I just replaced my stock (S model) stereo with an Alpine 9874. The stereo itself was on sale for $150, but needed a dash kit, wiring adapters and the iPod cord that runs from the back of the unit into the glove box. Including $45 labor charge it was around $285 installed. Works great, and now I have an extra little storage space under the stereo. Alpine has units that are more or less expensive. With all the squeaking and rattling I can't tell the difference between this and a much more expensive set up. I just wish I had not bought the FM transmitter thing a while back, that was a complete waste of money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts