Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, long time follower. I have an 05 off road that I recently discovered is having a bit of a cabin heating problem. I noticed that when I am sitting at a light the vents are blowing cool air even though the temp dial is all the way up. I don’t start to get heat again until I am actually moving. Any thoughts from the gear heads out there?

·
Registered
299 Posts
First time poster, long time follower. I have an 05 off road that I recently discovered is having a bit of a cabin heating problem. I noticed that when I am sitting at a light the vents are blowing cool air even though the temp dial is all the way up. I don’t start to get heat again until I am actually moving. Any thoughts from the gear heads out there?
Have you checked fluid level in the coolant overflow reservoir? I believe this is a low coolant issue though.

Reactions: HanCholo

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you checked fluid level in the coolant overflow reservoir? I believe this is a low coolant issue though.
I had the same problem, and it was definitely low coolant. I also replaced the caps because there was some evidence of overflow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had the same problem, and it was definitely low coolant. I also replaced the caps because there was some evidence of overflow.
Just not enough coolant to go through the heater core solenoid valve? And you replaced the radiator pressure cap?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Agree low coolant. Happened to me last year when I had a leak in the radiator. It was such a small leak that the first symptom I noticed was exactly what you are describing.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Search this has been covered over and over. You are low on coolant and/or have air in the system.

·
Registered
299 Posts
We do not have a heater control valve.
ahh okay haha thanks for the heads up. I wasn't too sure cause I didn't see anything in the coolant lines near the firewall. Thanks though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
As has been mentioned, if it's not an obviously low coolant issue then it is air in the system. I have fought this myself on my '09.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
what happens is air bubbles get in the heater core, and somehow that impedes flow through it. in addition to topping off the coolant you may try elevating the front of the truck and purging or " burping" the system. this will get the air bubbles out of the heater core.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts