Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought of putting this into the interior section, but figured it might get more attention here.

How is everyone's interior holding up? IE, plastic, finishes, fabric, etc. I was out looking at used vehicles today and saw a couple of 2 year old Titans that looked like they had 10 years of wear on the inside! Fabric was coming apart, plastic was all scratched and faded, and everything seemed worn where you would frequently touch things (ie, around the stereo volume, arm rest, controls, etc). I looked at a '05 Frontier, too, and I noticed the door handle plastic was faded, and seats looked well worn.

My bro complained about the cheap plastic on his old Fronty, and I searched on here and it sounds like the seats are a common complaint, as well as the dash scratching easily, but what about fading and what I would call "plastic wear" (for lack of a better term, I guess) around common accessories like volume control, power windows, 4x4 knob, etc?

I just hate the thought of buying a brand new X for $25K and having it look worn out in a few months or years. But, guess it probably won't change my mind at this point, anyway. ~Steve

·
on line
3,484 Posts
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1439

This will solve that problem, don't let that stop you from buying an X. They also have seat cover and complete interior kits. If mine wears, I'll just replace. Every product has a weak point.

MC

·
on line
1,884 Posts
The rear cargo area on my X is scratched a ton, but dash and seats look fine after a year. My first X was in pretty good shape after five years when I bought the new one, just some scratches in the rear interior.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: If you're really worried about scratches you want a ---

--Volkswagon--PAASANT--

-otherwise HITCHICKE----

-- :geek: JIMBO

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MC- Cool find. That would come in great to give a worn out interior a fresh new look. Or just add style, like you did.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I still love the X's for all the other pluses they have. Definitly the best bang for the buck for any new SUV. Like I said... just wondering what everybody's experiences have been. ~Steve

·
on line
168 Posts
I just got back from a week at the "ranch" in south Texas. I have scratches everywhere. Yeah, there too.

The truck inside is holding up pretty good.

·
on line
61 Posts
Seats blow. Water stains them. Rest of it is holding up pretty kickass and not many complaints.

·
on line
168 Posts
I used ScotchGuard on my seats when I first got it. Resolve or similar carpet/upholstery cleaner seems to work fine.

·
on line
49 Posts
I am not overly impressed with the interior -

Seat fabric is poor.

Plastic scratches easy.

A lot of passengers use the grab handle to get in and out, and now it rattles. I tried tightening it, but it only lasted until someone used it.

I have the windows that rattle, if they are open 1/2 way.

mitt

·
on line
335 Posts
my cargo area is scratched as all hell...

as for the windows, i had the same thing, the dealer replaced the regulator and no problem since then.

not had a problem with the plastic scratching or seats...but the plastic does feel cheap compared to a tacoma or something.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The interior plastic scratches really easy. I have learned to live with it, but the 1 year old X looks worse (inside and out) than my 9 year old Intrepid.

·
on line
295 Posts
Cargo area dark plastic OK. Like way better than carpet.
Light colored plastic on pillars fell off. Cheap fastners. Good point is there's lots of openings in the steel painted railing for add ons and mods.

·
on line
204 Posts
Is there any way to fix the rattle from the passenger handle on the windshield pillar? It isn't that loud, but it's driving me crazy.

·
on line
49 Posts
Graytshirt said:
Is there any way to fix the rattle from the passenger handle on the windshield pillar? It isn't that loud, but it's driving me crazy.
I have the same thing. I have tightened the bolts, but the next time I give someone a ride, and they use the handle, it starts up again. I haven't found a simple solution yet.

I looked closely at it, and it appears the A pillar plastic is just a little too big, and touches the windshield. Then, when you flex the handle, it twists the A pillar plastic, and it rubs the glass, causing the slight tick tick sound.

mitt

·
on line
49 Posts
Another interior complaint - the struts on the tailgate are not holding the tailgate up in 20 degree weather : (

mitt

·
on line
551 Posts
The back deck cover was scratched to all get out when we bought it.
The dealer replaced it and we bought the Xterra rear carpet mat for it.
Yeah it was pricey at $70 but the wife was happy and that's all that matters :thumbright:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts