Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we get ready (and soooo psyched) to pick up our new X this week end, I have two more questions:

1. Is there a product that you recommend to put on the dash etc. to protect from sun damage etc??

2. As I am not a fan of seat covers (akin to leaving the plastic on lampshades), is there product like scotch guard to put on the fabric to make dirt etc. easier to wash off??

Thanx X'ers

·
on line
339 Posts
i'm using http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,3,4 and it seems to work very well. i saw it at walmart for super cheap so i gave it a try and don't have any complaints with it.

it's a ton less greasy feeling than Armorall and has a very mild shine to it. i accidentally spilled a few drops of fiberglass resin on one of my panels last week and was able to clean it off w/o much effort.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
What MC hasn't got here yet...

OK I'll chime in for him...

I use the Turtle Wax Ice on the interior panels and it works great. This stuff is easy to put on and protects everything from accidental spills and UV rays.

Just kidding MC, thanks for the advice to use this stuff. :geek:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
The product I use to protect the interior of my is a combination of dust, pollen, dog hair, cheerios, coffee, and various pieces of critical information such as receipts, client documents, etc....

Oh and I have weather proof mats.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
kokopop said:
The product I use to protect the interior of my is a combination of dust, pollen, dog hair, cheerios, coffee, and various pieces of critical information such as receipts, client documents, etc....

Oh and I have weather proof mats.
Oh yea, I forgot about a large amount of dog drool all over the back of the truck. It wipes off quite easily too.

·
on line
79 Posts
i use the turtle wax F21 the same stuff that johnlam was using. it works pretty well. im happy with it.

·
on line
631 Posts
i spit on the dash and wipe it with a napkin. works wonders

actually i use nanowax by eagle1 for the interior dash and trim. i dont like the shine from armor all, and nanowax has a sweet smell to it with a natural shine. seats are scotchguarded with some heavy duty stuff from home depot (used for heavy traffic carpets and furniture). havent had any problems with it yet and it has been on the seats and carpet since last october. it cost about $32, but you can only get it at a home depot that deals with contractors, not just any home depot which really sucks.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Backwoods said:
As we get ready (and soooo psyched) to pick up our new X this week end, I have two more questions:

1. Is there a product that you recommend to put on the dash etc. to protect from sun damage etc??

2. As I am not a fan of seat covers (akin to leaving the plastic on lampshades), is there product like scotch guard to put on the fabric to make dirt etc. easier to wash off??

Thanx X'ers
1. I prefer a good layer of pollen, trail dust and dog hair. Works great!

2. Wash...?

·
on line
423 Posts
i windex the dash/center console/door panels to get the dust mat off. other than that i don't much care.

as far a washing you seats, get a good (as in thick and warm, not decorative) and fold it up and put it under your seat. You then get to whip it out and yell "Say hello to my little friend" every time you want to protect your seat when your covered in mud or grease or when our cold and stuck somewhere or when you want to put something in the back and want to put something under it or when you want to have a cape. uhh i mean its multi use.

·
on line
7 Posts
Cleaners

Aerospace 303 on all plastic, inside and out. Stay away from Armour-all, windex and any other silicone/petroleum/ammonia bearing product. Aerospace 303 is a UV blocker.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Re: Cleaners

lance8600 said:
Aerospace 303 on all plastic, inside and out. Stay away from Armour-all, windex and any other silicone/petroleum/ammonia bearing product. Aerospace 303 is a UV blocker.
Why stay away from Armor All, I have been using it since I started driving with out and problems and good results.

Please enlighten me on why it's bad, or is it just not as good?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I tried like 37 different things, they all worked fine, I use the turtle Ice wax on the inside when going gets tough, after a cleaning that is. It fills in the scratches or hides them. Ice! Today I used some George Foreman Interior cleaner to melt dust from Moab off. Then the Ice. MC

·
on line
896 Posts
Aerospace 303 X2, that stuff is awesome. It's made for boats and stuff, and it has lots of UV protection, WONDERFUl stuff!!!!!!!!!! Also it doesn't make everything look like gangsta shine. Only drawback, if you put it on the interior, the smell is horrible. should go away in a day or so

·
on line
7 Posts
Aerospace 303

Armor All is silicone based. Looks nice, but atracts dust and leaves an oily sticky residue, that I'm not fond of. I also use Aerospce 303 on my tires. Gives them a nice black matte shine and wears better than the most expensive tire dressing that I have tried. Even held up far better in the rain strom we had for 3 days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts