Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to try and upgrade the X to fit more of a modern, newer looking interior. I am thinking of getting a new radio, one of the big screens, possibly try to get “leather” seat covers, but mainly wanna some of the old tech out. Has anyone ever tried to somehow replace the heating system to be digital? I’ve seen people change the color of the led’s which would be a nice but time spending upgrade. A good paint or wrap job to the interior. I feel like it’s pretty rare, at least to my research, that people don’t go to in depth with messing with the interior. I’ve also been looking to complete my sound system and figure out a way to hide my sub as much as possible and get some speakers back in the rear door. All just for fun though, who knows if I will ever get to any of these projects. Any wild ideas are accepted. Thanks.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I wonder if one day perhaps the entire dash plus seats of the 2022 Frontier will fit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if one day perhaps the entire dash plus seats of the 2022 Frontier will fit?
I’ve seen some people at least dabble in the thought of replacing the 09+ dash into the 2nd gen. I couldn’t find a write up that was in depth enough for me to even give it a thought. I’m sure it’s all possible, just gonna take small rewiring and a lot of fab work.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I had considered removing some of my scratched interior trim and have it hydrodipped in a carbon fiber (ish) design.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Cheap and easy way to make it look a little more "modern" is change your map, rear, and cargo lights to LED. But that's probably not what you are intending.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
435 Posts
I bought a Kenwood DMX4707S – Monitor with Receiver and back-up camera. The back-up camera was extra. It really modernized the look of the interior.

Shipping box Packaging and labeling Font Audio equipment Gadget

Output device Product Font Rectangle Audio equipment

Automotive design Automotive tire Font Auto part Circle

BEFORE
Vehicle Car Radio Steering wheel Steering part

AFTER
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant

Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille

1 - 6 of 6 Posts