Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just got my new Xterra and wanted to know whats best for cleaning, protecting the interior plastic, and what products to use to get rid of scratches?

·
on line
641 Posts
Re: Interior Maintenance and Plastic Scratch Prev. and Repai

aldo said:
OK, just got my new Xterra and wanted to know whats best for cleaning, protecting the interior plastic, and what products to use to get rid of scratches?
For cleaning, a damp rag or sponge.

To get rid of scratches, wait 5 years, and replace the plastic parts.
(Or realize by then that it's a truck, and that you don't care about the scratches ;-)

·
on line
1,479 Posts

dpatton said:
aldo said:

(Or realize by then that it's a truck, and that you don't care about the scratches ;-)
I will second that

·
on line
237 Posts

dpatton said:
aldo said:

I'll third it. I've seen some of the creative and inventive methods in this forum for protecting the plastic in the back, and they look great. Then I look at the back of my truck...plastic is scratched to crap, and I wonder if I shouldn't have done something to protect it. Then I think....plastic is one of the fricking reasons I bought the truck....I want to use it, not vacuum it. If you want to protect the plastic...cover it. Otherwise, what dpatton said.

Cheers,

·
on line
187 Posts
y even replace? its much less of a hassle to keep the scratches....the more scratches there are, the less you care....
keep the scratches....personality, im telling you, you have a memory with each scratch, if you replace it in 5 years, you not only have to care for it, try to care for the first few weeks, and then its going to crap again anyways....you also loose all your memories.....

mines gone to shit....just from loading and unloading boxes....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts