TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S_e_X-Terra said:
Great find but where do you look on that site for what the different trims look like?? I cant find any sample photos!!
Click on "View Layout", then scroll down.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Sort of scares me that they refer to the rare (but oh so popular) Xterra crew cab...

·
on line
143 Posts
RogueClimber said:
Sort of scares me that they refer to the rare (but oh so popular) Xterra crew cab...
The Webmaster has been breathing too much Carbon Fiber dust.....

·
on line
1,667 Posts
are they just stickers? cause im not ready to apply stickers in the interior of my new vehicle.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Glad you posted that! I wanted Real Carbon Fiber but no one had it last time I looked. I did the Carbon fiber look stuff and I love it, so I am going to step up to real. Be getting this soon. B day is pretty quick. Maybe they will have a sale or something. $311 is pretty steep, but Real is good! I don't want to add any weight to my X and reduce my gas mileage! :)

MC

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
USMC XTERRA said:
Glad you posted that! I wanted Real Carbon Fiber but no one had it last time I looked. I did the Carbon fiber look stuff and I love it, so I am going to step up to real. Be getting this soon. B day is pretty quick. Maybe they will have a sale or something. $311 is pretty steep, but Real is good! I don't want to add any weight to my X and reduce my gas mileage! :)

MC
Installation Video: http://www.automotivedashkit.com/install video.htm

Edit: They also have a 10% Discount.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Hey MC

I thought you were cosmetically done.... :geek:

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
USMC XTERRA said:
Well, I ordered a real Carbon fiber kit from somewhere else that had 37 piece kit. A lot more and for less. http://www.dashkitspecialties.com/dash_kits_nissan.html Now, you guys have got to quit tempting me.
MC
MC: Very good find on this one and a WHOLE lot cheaper and your right, you do get more pieces for your money! Lets us know if it is really worth it.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Answering last few posts,

Cosmetically done with the outside! I now have the look I was after.
I traveled today with CB on and it was rocking with Pos. comments.
EGO trip! LOL

Ahhhhh I don't have the kit, I just ordered it today. I will post pictures installed within an hour or so of install. (As always) errr ahhhh always an exception, = Rear Bumper........ week later.

Navy, the piece count sold me, 37 VS 22 And the coating they have. Because I have seen the Real Carbon Fiber and it did look scratchy after a while. so, I hope it holds up like they say. It has a lifetime warranty.
Read the text from the site below. Good sales job anyways. The price was not that far off as it was 30% added for RCF. So it was only like $35 less. Free ship. MC

"We make interior and exterior trims, of a quality unmatched by any of our competitors. Our products are clear coated with polyurethane, that gives our dash trims flexibility, and durability, that epoxy covered trims don't come close to. The same polyurethane is used by Ford, GM and many others car manufacturers as an exterior emblem coating.

So why don’t our competitors use polyurethane?
Manufacturing polyurethane clear coated components requires expensive specialized equipment, not needed for epoxy coating."

·
on line
1,884 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
I traveled today with CB on and it was rocking with Pos. comments.
EGO trip! LOL
As if you need an Ego trip...Time to look into your Id... :geek:

I am looking forward to you pix on the dash kit. Sounds awesome!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yea, only ID all caps. USMC has to be caps, but I should have went Xterra. I'm pretty modest Marine. Had a complete tour of reality checks. 90% B billets, only recruit training and school was normal duty.
6.5 years of that = attitude adjustment.

MC

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well, they make this kit up fresh! it takes 10 days at least. I missed that on their web site. Anyhow it came today and took about 2 hours to install, most of that time was removing my Carbon fiber Contact Mod, and cleaning. The stuff is high quality and packaged pretty good, I found the instructions AFTER I installed it. They were on back of layout sheet. Anyhow, pretty easy, yea some rough spots, 3m Grips 1st time so no second chance. Fit, place, rip backing off, stick, press. Done.

Ok this is a shot of the whole gammit, Man, I can't say how many pieces there were, they said it was a 37 piece kit but I lost count at 42. And I had 3 left over! Notice trim around vent to left of vent, Pretty detailed! Almost too much!

I was pretty amazed they included all this, Look around even the 4X4 Control. And the glove box. I had to relocate my Lev-o-gage.
And some other stuff.

In this shot you can see the 4X4 better and they got all the cup holder and a LOT of the shifter area! Way more than other kits! They even gave me a part for below the heater controls. Quite impressed! You can see a tad of the steering wheel trim too.

THis is a good dash shot that shows the coverage of the door controls. And not seen is the panel behind where you open the door, that flat part, it's also covered. And you may see some other things. The panels below and left and right of steering is covered too.

Look at that Shifter and console coverage! And how do you start that X?

Michael Clemente
[email protected]

EarthLink Revolves Around Us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts