Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nizmut over at Clubfrontier figured out that the outer stub shafts on the Titan and Xterra/Fronty are exactly the same. I had heard that the spline counts were different, but never stopped to check. Obviously this isn't the case.

He was able to slide the Titan CVs into his Frontier spindle/hub, and is in the process of installing Titan uppers and lowers. Although he is still in the process of re-assembling everything, it would appear that you can forego having to source Titan spindles, hubs, rotors and brakes (and keep your 6x4.5 bolt pattern if you want). Check it out;

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/future-titan-swap-28025/index3.html

·
on line
807 Posts
That was never a question. The reason for needing custom CV shafts was if you wanted to keep your stock diff, he is using a Titan diff. and the only reason to use Titan spindles/breaks was if you wanted the Titan bolt pattern.

·
on line
807 Posts
Muzikman said:
Interesting.

I still have hopes on doing a Titan diff with stock X suspension.
To do that all you'll need a a Titan diff and CV axles off of a V8 Pathfinder.

·
on line
807 Posts
Muzikman said:
Correct, find the V8 pathy shafts...not so easy. :)
touche.

·
on line
1,127 Posts
Muzikman said:
Your tranny has nothing to do with it...I assume that was just a brain fart on your end. You mean diff?
Oppps thanks for catching my fart :banghead: Yeahh I meant Diff. Although I do have a question about the Tranny. Why is it that on that Frontier Forum he says it is going to cost him more that he doesn't have an Auto?????

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have no idea, that doesn't make much sense, but maybe it has something to do with clearance. Maybe the Titan diff doesn't fit with a manual? This is just a guess on my part.

The diff side of the shaft is different between the titan and X diff. So no, I am pretty sure the titan shafts will not work on an X diff.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
if they are just talking the front, doesnt that create a gearing problem with the back?

·
on line
1,127 Posts
Muzikman said:
I have no idea, that doesn't make much sense, but maybe it has something to do with clearance. Maybe the Titan diff doesn't fit with a manual? This is just a guess on my part.

The diff side of the shaft is different between the titan and X diff. So no, I am pretty sure the titan shafts will not work on an X diff.
That's what I figured, just wanted to hear it from someone. :happy8:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
See my post above.

In the X yes, it creates a problem. With the Frontier, there are some models that share the same gearing as the Titan.

You know what, that might be the difference between the auto and manual.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts