Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Greetings all,

I am starting a thread to gauge interest in a Rear four-link suspension system from RuggedRocks.
I have talked to Steevo a few times and the market is ten years with essentially the same vehicle body/frame production.

Brackets, links, coilovers, springs, and antirock swaybar etc as a kit.

The price point would be somewhere in the $2600 range.

I told him I am in.
anyone else out there interested at this price point?

·
on line
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price seems about right, would the kit be bolt on?

I've been entertaining the idea just not 100 percent where this rig is headed

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Got the impression after talking with him that some parts would be bolt on and some parts welding would be involved.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I wouldn't be to thrilled with the idea of bolt-on link brackets, personally, but I suppose there might be a way ... any reuse of the factory brackets (like axle-side shock mounts) would probably be better if they were reinforced ... but again, maybe just me.

I know some of the Jeep long-arm kits are fully bolt-on ... with the right indexing (for placement and mount hole drilling) and fastener selection, I could probably be convinced bolt-on would work ... given that, there's probably a way to make it either bolt on or weld on.

Without having the lower end of the shock stick way down below the axle tubes, how do you get enough room for a long enough shock? Are we talking full double triangulated four-link? Triangulated uppers/lowers and parallel the other set? Track bar? What about the gas tank? Are we talking separate shock and coil or a full coilover kit? These are all things that need addressing ... plus I'm sure there are other questions/points I'm missing.

This is something I'm very interested in, but probably only from a design perspective ... if I'm honest, it's not something I'm likely to put on my truck.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Is liability what has kept a sas kit from happening or is it the small market? Seems like RR has been able to get some pretty cool stuff going with low volume.
Calmini made a SAS kit for the first gen Xterras. I wrote them once to ask if they'd ever make one for the second gen, since it's such a bigger market.... They said no. Maybe Rugged Rocks can fill that void?

·
on line
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Calmini made a SAS kit for the first gen Xterras. I wrote them once to ask if they'd ever make one for the second gen, since it's such a bigger market.... They said no. Maybe Rugged Rocks can fill that void?
are you volunteering to be a prototype? :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
are you volunteering to be a prototype? :)

I already volunteered my rig for a prototype. I need to get in touch with them again soon to see if it's something they're still willing to do. I'll be deployed for a couple months so the could take their time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts