Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i be informing my insurance company of the mods i do to the x? they say they'll cover OEM parts, but for things like shrockworks, does it matter whether i tell them or not?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
my auto insurance will not cover any mod so i dont find a reason to tell them. i dont know about home owners insurance as i dont know any property.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
There's a long thread on this somewhere.

My insurance company, USAA, will cover mods based on receipts in case of loss. They don't need to know about them in advance. Many companies work it this way. Call and ask.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
rroadkilll said:
Thats good to know...

My insurance company will work the same... since I also have USAA!!!
Hard to beat USAA. My dad was an Army doc in the early Vietnam era and now I'm the beneficiary of his service. They treat their customers like royalty.

But trust me, lots of other reputable insurance companies will honor claims including mods with receipts. Absolutely call to see though.

·
on line
23 Posts
I have been dealing with this stuff due to the whole total out deal, but my insurance told me just to send them copies of everything and they would insure it. It might cost a touch more but it is worth it. They even wanted the everything from tint to the hu. Also found out that the whole gap coverage is worth it. More than likely you can get this from your insurance cheaper that what the dealer will offer with the same coverage.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
d-rap said:
There's a long thread on this somewhere.

My insurance company, USAA, will cover mods based on receipts in case of loss. They don't need to know about them in advance. Many companies work it this way. Call and ask.
Same here, I asked USAA and they said as long as I have pics I will be covered but receipts would be even better.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
mike100 said:
USAA will hem and haw, and delay somewhat, but I have always had my claims paid.
Really? Just two weeks ago when I had my X broken into they had my window repaired (sent a guy to me, I didn't have to drive anywhere) AND they put funds in my account for my stolen GPS all in the SAME DAY! I couldn't be happier w/ them right now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts