Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Planning to install a Jensen vm9021 2 DIN dvd player.
Anyone know the best place to install the media module? under the seat? or under the glove?
also anyone know how to bypass the ebrake playing of video?
heard you need a toggle switch?
Thanks!

·
on line
844 Posts
Install anything Jensen makes directly into the garbation can. not to be a dick, jensen is seriously crap. I honestly don't mean that in a mean way, I used to work at sound advice (much like circuit shitty/worst buy/tweeter/etc) and jensen was pretty much the laughing stock. if you want mobile video i'll help you out amigo, xterra love. back to your query, to bypass the "must be in park" ground, just tie it in with your factory ground. it's just another ground, no big security thing. best of luck. if you decide to take a turn to the dark (quality) side, let me know and i'll do everything I can to help you every step of the way!!!

best of luck.

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jensen

I know it's a shitty brand. but looking for something that was able to do DIVX, and the choices seem to be Jensen, Dual, or Innovatek. and of the three, the Jensen seem to be best.

as for the grounding? the circuit city dudes told me that you need to have a pulse toggle? to switch it to +, -, + to work with the Jensen? whereas other brands you just ground permanently.. As for the media module, you recommend taggin it under the glove? or running it under the seat?
Planning to use harness,+ i guess the nissan antenna adapter. I think i can manage the install, but just iffy bout this supposed toggle thing.

Thanks!

·
on line
844 Posts
I've never had to use a pulse toggle, so I'm not familiar with it. could be a great reason to get rid of it and get something else! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts