Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Rockford Fosgate Prime 165s to put all the way around the X. I thought I had everything I needed (6x9 to 6.5 adapters, dynamat, trim tools, etc..) however when I pulled the front factory 6x9 out of the door I seen 2 ohms marked on the back, my new aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm. With the limited knowledge I have on stereos I reinstalled the factory 6x9 and decided to hold off on the installation, thinking 4ohm speakers on a 2 ohm amp would be pretty quiet due to the additional resistance. Anyone install 4 ohm speakers with their factory amp? How did it sound?

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
The rf system has an amp already, its under the passenger seat. I have yet to replace my stock speakers but normal car speakers will be 4 ohms. I'd have to look at the FSM for the stereo, but I would say you would be fine installing those 4 ohm speakers. The lower the ohms the harder the amp has to work, so raising the ohm won't hurt the amp, but you will have slightly less power to the speakers.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
22 Posts
i installed kicker door speakers all thru out the whole truck and it just being at 4 ohms instead of the factory 2 ohms only really makes a difference in bass.... it doesnt hit as hard.... however i have subs in the back so its not a problem.... less bass in your door speakers makes it last longer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts