Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I used the word "Weekend" because it took me all Weekend long. Front Bumper is perfect. I've seen hundreds of pictures, but it's nice to finally see one in person, (especially on your Rig). Thanks, Jim.

I ordered up a Ramsey REP 9500, (External Solenoid), from northerntool.com on sale for $550. Unfortunately, I had to rotate the Clutch Ring to get it to work in the Bumper. Talk about a nightmare. I think I spent about 2 hours on that alone. Also, a Big Thumbs Down to Ramsey for not providing more Detailed Instructions [ :banghead: ]. There were Three Wires that went from the Solenoid to the Winch. None of them were labeled. It took me two tries, (should count myself lucky), before I found the right combo.

The Bumper came with a Solenoid Bracket, but I couldn't figure out where to put it or where it would fit. I ended up drilling it down to the middle support plate.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably give some consideration to not being a cheap [email protected] and ordering an Internal Solenoid Winch. Although, the External Solenoid made it very easy to tear apart and extend the Wiring on the Remote Socket, so that I could utilize one of the Remote Socket holes that Jim incorporated into the design of the Bumper. That is pretty sweet...

Finished it off with a Hella 500 Kit that I ordered from 4wheelparts. A long weekend, but well worth it.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Looks great.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
nice job

·
on line
54 Posts
very nice.... by the way.. what tires are those??

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smthrde said:
very nice.... by the way.. what tires are those??
Toyo Open Country M/T. Not cheap, unfortunately. Also, they have a really strong sidewall, you really have to air down to get a wider footprint. Road noise isn't bad at all. People I've talked to have claimed to get 50K+ out of them. Time will tell. So far I love 'em.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Hot damn, that looks good..... You guys need to stop posting pics of your rigs and mods untill i get back to the states.

Im going insane looking at this site knowing that i wont see my X untill the middle of november.

·
on line
65 Posts
Toyo Open Country M/T. Not cheap, unfortunately
what size? lifted x?

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
calijetfxr said:
Toyo Open Country M/T. Not cheap, unfortunately
what size? lifted x?
AC springs in front. I was running AC shackles and stock leaf packs in back, until I put on the Shrock rear bumper and was unimpressed with how much more the rear end sagged. So I ordered new leaf packs (stock ride height + 150 lbs) from Alcan Spring. Unfortunately, I didn't gain back any of my lost lift. The ride is a lot firmer, but I think it actually sits a little bit lower than the stock leaf springs. Should have had them arched more. Still running the AC shackles.

Tire size is 285/75/16.

·
on line
54 Posts
do you have a side profile pic of your X??

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
Another TNX 1st Year/2006 Thread - All (02) Photos placed into PB's Purgatory, have been Resurrected for this Thread! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts