Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm new to the off road thing. I own a 2014 pro4x and I installed a 2" lift kit from prg. It is spacers for the front and variable height shackles. I wanted to increase my ground clearance.

Prior to the install, I measured the clearance height of rear diff and it was 9.5". After the kit install I measured again and it was still 9.5" but there was a definite lift that is visible in the wheel wells. The truck looks lifted and when I got in to move it, it felt higher. There is a definite lift now. But I don't understand why there was no increase in ground clearance.

I set the shackles to their highest setting.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why didnt you measure on the front? You got moar ground clearance there!
I measured the rear diff hump because that is the lowest point of the undercarriage. It doesn't matter as I need to get larger tires to raise the undercarriage anyway.

Just more money to spend.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
@johnny T, I helped it. It all depends on how tough your bolts are, and if you run into problems.

When I did mine it took me about an 1.5 hours to do both sides.

When we did his his lower bolts on his shocks would not break free, and we had an issue with his bolt in his upper control arm. So it ended up taking aaaa lotttt longer than antipicated haha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@johnny T, I helped it. It all depends on how tough your bolts are, and if you run into problems.

When I did mine it took me about an 1.5 hours to do both sides.

When we did his his lower bolts on his shocks would not break free, and we had an issue with his bolt in his upper control arm. So it ended up taking aaaa lotttt longer than antipicated haha.
Indeed it did. But I'm really happy with the results.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks guys. I just got my PRG kit and AAL in the mail yesterday and Im looking for a solid day to get it up on jacks and do it but it seems like Ill need a whole day off to do both the front and back.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Thanks guys. I just got my PRG kit and AAL in the mail yesterday and Im looking for a solid day to get it up on jacks and do it but it seems like Ill need a whole day off to do both the front and back.
Depends how mechanically inclined you are and what shape your truck is. I did the prg advanced coil over kit w/aal on mine in just over 4 hours.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Depends how mechanically inclined you are and what shape your truck is. I did the prg advanced coil over kit w/aal on mine in just over 4 hours.
I'm pretty good with all things mechanical. I've done a lift in the past. I'm debating on either driving an hour to a shop i know where I can use a lift and tools or doing it in the driveway at home. I know the shop will make it a lot easier, but that's adding 2-hours of driving to the day.

I just got the lift in the mail (PRG spacers and AAL), is it something that can be done in a driveway with a couple jacks and jackstands? It seems easy enough. Also, mines a 2012 Pro4X so I'm hoping the bolts shouldn't be TOO difficult as its a bit newer.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I did mine in a friend's garage with a jack, stands, and mostly hand tools. I used air to remove the wheels.

Just last weekend did a leveling kit on a friend's Ram 1500 with only hand tools nosed into his garage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts