Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team,

I know seat covers have been discussed here ad nauseum, but in my searches, I have yet to find a pic of the OEM seat covers installed in an X...can anyone point me in the right direction?

also, i hear everyone talking about how crappy they are, but for an owner who merely wants an easily-removable cover to occasionally protect the upholstery from wear (and will NEVER need to shed heavy mud or whatnot), are they still ok for the money?

thanks!

Cheers,
j.

·
on line
962 Posts
i have some in the front and i love them!

I am a sailor and surfer and I am constantly putting them to good use. I even spilled hot sauce on them one day and it wiped right off!

They are a definite necessity for anyone who is wet or gets we since the seats are easily stained with water.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have the Nissan covers and have hated them since day one. I took some picks when I installed them. They should be on there some place.

Problems:
1. Front does not fit right (loose).
2. Even if you don't have side air bags, the cut out is there. This leaves the entire outside of the seat still exposed.
3. They stain with just water. I had a water bottle leak on my passenger seat. It left a big stain.
4. They are a pain to install. I don't know if they are any harder than other covers for the X, but they are 10x harder than the covers in my Jeep.

·
on line
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, thanks for all the input, guys! now i'm scared to get em. hehe.

maybe i will just go with the coverkings...but have any of you seen any pics of the ballistic nylon coverkings on here?

the neoprenes seem to fit so damn good, but i'm not sure the neoprene material will suit my needs...my neoprene knee brace makes me sweat like a hooker in church! ;)

guess i'll keep pondering...

cheers,
j.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
i have them in my 07. as far as fitting, they fit pretty well. Can't complain. I am sure there are better ones out there, but these work great. As far as the cutouts for the airbags I don't have, I just got an old piece of nylon shirt and cut it and stuffed in there. Protects and looks fine.

If i was back in the market though, i probably would look for better ones for the same money, if that is possible....

the rears fit and look awesome though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts