Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got it done guys. I like the idea of the GPS docking station, but it sucked that it was Garmin Exclusive. WEll i've changed that. I was able to modify my GPS mount to fit. I did NOT damage the GPS docking station at all doing this mod which is great in case i want to sell it later. I have the Ipaq 310 GPS and got it to fit. I'm installing it tomorrow night and I'll have pics of the install up tomorrow or thursday night.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
looks pretty good, i think i'll be in search of one of these docking stations in the near future if i don't do a headunit with navigation system included.

·
on line
807 Posts
Looks great, what all did you do to get the clip to fit the cover.. or did it just snap on?

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a bracket that fits onto the cover. Take the cover off and the other bracket off. I drilled one hole in the gps mount and there was already 3 holes in the back of the bracket one perfect for a screw. Made a few adjustments to the gps mount and made sure had the right alignment and drilled one hole 5/32 drill bit size. WOrked perfectly. It is stable as can be. Dremeled the screw in the back to where it was flush.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Did you all ready have the HP unit or is that new? I am just curious to know how you like it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Need to figure out how to fit a Tom Tom in there and they would sell a TON. As much as I like the Garmin units over the Tom Tom, the Tom Tom units are way more popular.

·
on line
148 Posts
hmmm, i think ill pick one up to try with my nuvi 350

·
on line
807 Posts
Muzikman said:
Need to figure out how to fit a Tom Tom in there and they would sell a TON. As much as I like the Garmin units over the Tom Tom, the Tom Tom units are way more popular.
Really? I have never even heard of anyone buying a TomTom, yet I can name several people offhand who have Garmins.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
stevet47 said:
Muzikman said:
Really? I have never even heard of anyone buying a TomTom, yet I can name several people offhand who have Garmins.
I just read recently that the Tom Tom One is the top selling portable car nav system sold. I bet Garmin is still number 1 in over all GPS units sold as they are still the top seller in the hand held market.

·
on line
896 Posts
I had a TomTom...(well actually 2). I have to say these things sucks. First time I pull it out of the box, I set it up, then plug it into the pc to get updated maps.....nothing, craps out. Called the company, they said send it back. I get another plug it into different pc to update, same thing happened. Never again will I get one of those

·
on line
148 Posts
How were you able to secure your HP docking station to this piece?

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The install is no different with wiring. You use the same exact wire. Green with black is the power source for all radio's in the xterra. I looked that up in the FSM

1 - 20 of 41 Posts