Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone know if the wind deflector can support 4 lights? Anyone have any pics? I just bought 4 Hellas and I'm thinking of putting them up there. I'm hoping that I won't have to remove the deflector because of the posts I've read about leaks. You think that's feasible if the basket is removed? If you guys have any other input, it would be much appreciated :cheers: !

Thanks

·
on line
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I've seen that. I'd be afraid of whacking those things off if I went into a parking garage.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
well, if you're planning a lift you're probably kicking yourself out of parking garages as is, so in that case i would say go for it...

i know the garages on my campus as 7 ft and inches, so once i get lifted i won't be going in them...it is probably feasible to mount them on the air defltector, you would have to find lights with a special mounting bracket that allows the bolt to be on an angle keeping the lights straight...hope that makes sense

·
on line
3,484 Posts
In my power to the roof thread I show the install on the roof bin. Under the rear seat is a torx bit that will take the roof basket off in a min or less. Lights go with it, just unplugs. So that would be a solution.

I have had the air dam off, It's very thin and flexible, I would not do it. Plus, with the lights being that far FWD I have heard you will get gobs of glare on the windshield and hood. That was why I mounted mine on the Basket, Reduced glare, and remove-ability. MC

·
on line
1,716 Posts
usmc xterra said:
In my power to the roof thread I show the install on the roof bin. Under the rear seat is a torx bit that will take the roof basket off in a min or less. Lights go with it, just unplugs. So that would be a solution.

I have had the air dam off, It's very thin and flexible, I would not do it. Plus, with the lights being that far FWD I have heard you will get gobs of glare on the windshield and hood. That was why I mounted mine on the Basket, Reduced glare, and remove-ability. MC
MC what do you think of replacing the air dam with a piece of clear Lexan or PC and mounting the lights inside the dam? Just a thought...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts