Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
on line
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Garmin Nuvi 750 tonight on my Frontier took maybe 30 min. This also fits XTerra and Pathfinder. Thought I would share to show how simple the install is.

Step 1: gently pry off top tray

2. unscrew radio bezel

3. Gently pull off the radio bezel

4. remove the (4) screws attached to the radio brackets

5. Identify the larger main radio harness and unplug

6. Identify the green/black stripe wire (on non-CD changer unit only)

7. Insert green/black wire into grey cap from the tap

8. Unplug harness on the docking unit, insert red wire from harness into red end of the tap and screw onto grey cap (previously attached to radio harness)

9. Plug radio harness back into radio and reinstall into dash. While reattaching radio brackets to dash ground black wire from the docking unit onto radio bracket.

10. Reattach radio bezel, while pulling docking harness through the hole ontop of the bezel as shown.

11. Attach rubber strap from the docking unit using the screw that attaches the radio bezel.

12. Plug-in docking unit harness

13. Line up tabs and gently install the docking unit

14. Open unit and install Garmin Nuvi 750

Finished product illuminated:

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
that is pretty awesome!!!

·
on line
896 Posts
yea that looks good, is that the $750 one from Nissan???? and can you close the top down with the nuvi in it??? Looks like you have to take it out

·
on line
366 Posts
hmm, that's pretty dang cool. I already have a Avic-D3, but that cover would be great to add other stuff. Maybe a CB, or extra LCD for a car PC or whatever.

·
on line
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
contenderv07 said:
yea that looks good, is that the $750 one from Nissan???? and can you close the top down with the nuvi in it??? Looks like you have to take it out
Yes, this is the one we sell at Nissan. We sell it for less than that though, of course.

Its designed to close with the unit inside. I keep mine inside the closed unit until I get home then I take it out and store it inside the house.

willgr1 said:
my question is can you buy just that cover?? that'd be great for an inclinometer setup.
You can buy the docking unit separate, but youd want to gut the connection inside.

MachineHead said:
It would be awesome if you could mod that cover for a 7" LCD touch screen.

Here's the link to the orginal discussion: http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...750-nissan-frontier-x-pathy-26667/#post431077

The mount goes for $125.
Thanks for linking it :) But yeah an even bigger screen would be awesome. Im now trying to see if I can get topo maps for it.

mudpuppy000 said:
hmm, that's pretty dang cool. I already have a Avic-D3, but that cover would be great to add other stuff. Maybe a CB, or extra LCD for a car PC or whatever.
Yeah I had been debating getting the AVIC D3, but figured this was pretty nice (I really like Garmin products) and it can be hidden away. Im sure Ill end up getting a DVD/CD double din unit later so I can watch movies :)

·
on line
443 Posts
well, my ride was just broken into for my 760. I am doing this! that is slick.

Greg

·
on line
76 Posts
HAH. This is what i was wanting to do for my GPS. LOL well guess they beat me too it. I was about to start work on making the fit and all but this may be worth it to buy this and modify the GPS clip so my HP Ipaq 310 GPS will fit.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
this might be a silly question but you can't close that thing with the garmin inside, can you?

·
on line
564 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
this might be a silly question but you can't close that thing with the garmin inside, can you?
WestCo Justin said:
contenderv07 said:
Yes, this is the one we sell at Nissan. We sell it for less than that though, of course.

Its designed to close with the unit inside. I keep mine inside the closed unit until I get home then I take it out and store it inside the house.
Sounds like you can...

Rob

1 - 20 of 326 Posts