Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this has been discussed yet or not, but what do you guys use to clean the inside of your windows...in all my years of washing my vehicles, i have never found anything that doesnt leave streaks that you can only see at night when the lighting is just right????????

·
on line
1,884 Posts
usmc xterra said:
Whatever and newspaper. MC
How about your famous Ice Wax MC? :geek:

I hate washing the inside of my windows. My arms don't bend right to do it easily.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
RogueClimber said:
usmc xterra said:
Whatever and newspaper. MC
How about your famous Ice Wax MC? :geek:
ha, that made me laugh.

I usually use windex or something similar and a paper towel, after it's dry I go over it with a dry shop towel, seems to do the trick for me.

·
on line
57 Posts
Gotta be careful when using newspaper these days. Some newspapers have switched to using a water based ink. It'll smear and smudge your windows when it gets wet. I ususally use a glass cleaner made by any of the usual auto wax companies (whatever's on sale, just make sure it says safe for tinted glass) and Scott shop towels. Then followup with a damp chamois to remove any fuzzies left over from the towel.

·
on line
384 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass and a microfiber cloth. Both items are safe if you have added window tinting. If you are also doing the outside, then make sure you use a different cloth from the one you use inside.

X2 on the newspaper ink being water soluble now. My local paper is not using it, but I have used some that has and you end up with a mess about as bad as when you started.

·
on line
2,875 Posts
i use windex or generic equiv and douse the window then immediately wipe it off. I repeat this maybe one more time depending upon what is on the glass (kids finger prints etc take two wipe downs...)

make sure you use a good amount of windex and don't keep using the same papertowl. I use probably 3 towels per window.. Go through most of a roll after one cleaning event per car...

·
on line
564 Posts
Lyrex said:
Stoner's Invisible Glass and a microfiber cloth....
X2...works great!

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts