Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been torn between a CarPc/Puter and one of the Avic series from pioneer, I have never owned anything but pioneer stereos. I did a lot of research on the Avic's, and they just don;t seem to function how consumers like us want them to. Between by passing motion sensors etc... I thought the 30 G HDD feature was finally here, I anticipated it and to find that you literally have to "rip" your CD's to it I though "what a waist". It seems like you find exactly what you want and then find out this one little thing about it kills the whole product. Has anyone seen MP3car.com's new Infill G4? It's a fully functionable carputer/nav/HDD/mp3/DVD/back up cam etc... It also has front side USB 2.0. System. I believe I will purchase this very soon, however the price is up there about 2,000. Comparing it to the MSRP of the AVIC Z2 thats not that bad when you see what your getting. I will search for one and when I install I will post with pics and a review.

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, In additon I do have a question! To tie this in I will be pulling the stock RF packaged stereo. I am not to bad when it comes to vehicle audio instalations, but I have been idle for a while. To tie it into the stock speakers I will need what product now? And is anyone using a CArPC with the stock sterring wheel controlls?

Thanks

·
on line
432 Posts
Interesting. I was looking to build a shuttle PC or something for my X when I got it. I'll have to start looking into this, may be able to save myself some time. :)

- Russell

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I found out even the infill g4 can't be use while in motion! SCREW THAT! I juts don't get it....

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Azentech looks awesome thanks for the post! I have been looking allover and somehow didn't stumble across that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts