Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting so insanely frustrated with my local Nissan dealer. I bought the car at a dealer nearly two hours from home and now I'm finding why I bought elsewhere in the first place. My X came from the factory with a faulty body control module (BCM). After the dealer finally got one (more than a month later) they replaced it but neglected to tell me that I should bring all the key fobs and keys. Trip 2 to the dealership and they programmed all the keys. Fast forward twenty minutes and when trying to lock the doors with the remotes they forgot that too. Head back to the dealership. Then, it starts raining the other day and now the rear wiper won't work. [email protected]!!!!

·
on line
707 Posts
That sucks! I have run into some of the same crap here. My problems have been relatively minor but after dealing with the two closest service departments I end up being so frustrated that my minor problem suddenly becomes a big problem...I believe the BCM was what caused my intermittent locking and unlocking issues shortly after purchase. After going round and round with a couple service depts because they could not consistently duplicate the problem and they weren't gonna "throw parts at it", I called Nissan and they contacted one of the service depts told them what the problem likely was and to fix it under warranty.

·
on line
704 Posts
Hey, welcome!

Nissan USA told me that I was not qualified for a free tow to a dealership. The warranty booklet and the web site said otherwise, but I did not feel like wasting my time. Hope you get things squared away.

Cheers!

·
on line
735 Posts
I found that, of the two shops near me, one has much smarter techs and more dedicated service writers who don't bounce from dealer to dealer all the time.

If you want to stop being disappointed, stop going there.

·
on line
652 Posts
I feel for you I have been told so much BS I am now in the habit of saying "can you write that down, because that has to be some of the dumbest schnit I have ever heard"

I had a service manager tell me my truck had to "break in to the new tires and it would stop dog tracking after a few hunderd miles" I wouldn't need an alignment.
Another favorite was I was having a torque converter replaced and they never dropped the tranny. I noticed all the road grime on the bell housing bolts and cross member. This moron told me they don't have to drop a tranny to replace the torque converter. By the time I was finnished I had almost every person at the dealership (to see what all the commotion was) in the service area and a complete refund for my trouble

1 - 6 of 6 Posts