Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... So does anyone have any experience with either of these Inclinometers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Digital-Inclinometer-Clinometer-Tilt-Gauge_W0QQitemZ170110789145QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6755QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Inclinometer-Clinometer-Tilt-Gauge-Clino-Gauge_W0QQitemZ170124648248QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6755QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Since lately I've been really worried about rolling (a friend did a few weeks back) so I thought something along this line would give me that extra assurance that the 25 degree lean isn't bad yet :)

Does anyone know anything about these or have any other suggestions to something similar. I would prefer something that can be modded in and look like it is supposed to be there... And be on with the truck, and have a backlight (maybe in that redish color the dash already is).

I've seen a few cheaper ones that were not digital... But they all had Jeeps on them... Anything but a Jeep. Not sure the FJ ones would mod in anywhere since they have an extra clock. And the Old Nissan one I like... except you have to butcher the dash to make it belong (which I'm open too if anyone has ideas on how to "finish" the look to make it apear OEM).

-MadManX

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Do a search on the topic. I know of at least one member that has one installed on this site. The results will find what you are looking for. I believe he also acquired his off of ebay. It looked pretty good. I even seem to remember his being wired for illumination.

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've been searching for every slang version of a Inclonimeter I could figure out on here... Best I found is a link to a UK place that sould one by a different name that looked exactly the same... But no info about that device either (http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Sherrill_Compass.html). Well none that answers my questions.

KillJoy... Mine helping me in my ignorance of searching and dig up some data on this one?

And Old Navy... That was the Nissan one I was refering to. If you look at all the pics, you have to do a pretty big number to your dash to get it in there... But than it never has that "I Belong" look.

-MadManX

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MadManX said:
k1w1t1m said:
I like this one... Looks almost like it would work out the way I'd like... If I could get the writing off of it, since I couldn't mount it to the roof and look OEM. I'll have to ask for dimentions.

Thanks for the find.

-MadManX
Well this sucks... eBay has jacked up my account so bad... My only option to get this is to setup a new email account an eBay user Id. And the action ends shorlty.

Any suggestions on somewhere else I might be able to hunt one of these down? I doubt the dealer would even have a clue what it is.

-MadManX

·
on line
145 Posts
Try Nissan dealers in Australia and New Zealand and of course ebay for those areas. Nissans are popular there, especially the Patrols.

·
on line
735 Posts
The 3-gauge pod in Mitsubishi Pajeros are aircraft quality darn near..I'd try to get a set of those. I don't know if the North American Montero came with those, but the ones I saw recently in aisa still have the gauges.

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mike100 said:
The 3-gauge pod in Mitsubishi Pajeros are aircraft quality darn near..I'd try to get a set of those. I don't know if the North American Montero came with those, but the ones I saw recently in aisa still have the gauges.
Do you have the year or generation of the rig you saw or any other info I can search off of to look for a pic of the gauge cluster to see if it would be easy to make it work and look good? Oh and is this gauge cluster option known as an inclinometer or an altimeter... I've been finding that to be the case in some of my hunting.

Thanks.

-MadManX

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Just as another option, the FJ's do have them as well... I was playing around in my uncles new FJ, its pretty cool to see what angle you are at.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts