Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that my X was broken into, again, I am going to be installing a security system ASAP! Link to break-in: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=100477#100477

What do you guys use? Any recommendations? I want it loud as frick so it will wake me up, give me time to grab my Louisville Slugger, and go meet my new friend(s)!

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Dude, I would still do a web cam man. You get actual footage of the person and then get them in legal trouble.

As much as you want to beat their brains in, you're not going to get to the truck before they are gone once the noise begins.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Oh and don't go putting the blinking red light on your truck either. Hide it. You don't want them finding out until the noise starts.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I was trying to figure out who's voice that was. So was the pilot successful are they making it into a show. I thought some of the acting was pretty crappy. I like the original show better. Mind you the Mustage was pretty nice, wonder if they are going to offer the knoight rider version mustange option for sale.

Look into getting the Clifford/viper 2 way pager alarm...

·
on line
1,739 Posts
cornick said:
Oh and don't go putting the blinking red light on your truck either. Hide it. You don't want them finding out until the noise starts.
This is the exact opposite of the advice the Riverside County sherrif gave me following my break-in in December of last year. If you've got an alarm it's going to tell the criminal that he'd got to spend the hour or so trying to defeat or spend the :15 seconds to move on to your neighbor's truck.

When the idiot broke into my truck the alarm went off and I was 100' away so I responded along with the security guard and the guy collecting carts. The fool broke my window and opened the door setting off the alarm. If I had a blinking light the guy would have been under the truck trying to defeat the thing so I would have put some BFG K/O tracks over his body.

Personally I'd rather not have to shoot some idiot. I'd rather he just move on.

·
on line
707 Posts
Maybe something with a prox sensor/paging remote. Reason I say that is the horn honking is pretty loud so if you couldn't hear it I doubt you would hear an alarm. So hopefully the prox sensor would stop them before they got too close and if they do a paging remote next to you should alert you to it.

And I have always been told anything Clifford or Viper/DEI stuff is good.

·
on line
628 Posts
IMO, there is no reason to spend a lot of money on an after market alarm, if they want it, they are going to get it regardless. I had one of those expensive alarms (Viper 791XV, two way paging) and they still got me for over $3000 in damage and cost of item replacement on my previous vehicle. Something simple is o.k., Well lit parking area and NEVER leave anything in your car that can be seen. The camera idea is cool too.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Get an alarm and some sort of GPS vehicle locator. Security cams (especially at night) rarely get a good enough shot of the person for any LE official to identify them. The best chance of them being caught and prosecuted is if the cops can catch them rolling. If you have live GPS info you can stay on the phone with the dispatcher and relay that info. And if it all works out (you may not get to see it), but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that the dirtbag spent a few minutes face down in the street with a gun pointed at him.

·
on line
178 Posts
Damn, now I want a Trunk Monkey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts