Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
The comments and some elements of the review prove to me why people are stupid. Dated look? Define what makes something dated, because It doesn't look like a detachable section from the international space station or something darth vader would fly?
Thank you for saying what I have been thinking ever since the first posting.
In keeping with his assessment of Xterras, I found his comments to be "cheap" and uninformative.

·
Registered
435 Posts
He kept mentioning how this thing is 10 years old and how its lacking but saying how great it was at the same time. I feel like he said nothing the entire interview. He also is not the kind of person you would expect to see in the woods with their car covered in dirt.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
He kept mentioning how this thing is 10 years old and how its lacking but saying how great it was at the same time. I feel like he said nothing the entire interview. He also is not the kind of person you would expect to see in the woods with their car covered in dirt.
$5 says he drives an Escalade. :laughing3:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It is pretty old and outdated. Not much has changed since 2005. It doesn't have much tech on the inside, it still has a very antiquated body on frame design as well as a leaf sprung solid axle. It gets horrible milage and rides like crap. Where is the rounded off, unibody'd hybrid, that we all want and desire!?

When I totaled my 06 I thought long and hard about what to replace it with. Seriously pondered for at least 2-3 seconds and bought a 2013:geek:. I can't take the opinion of a dude who drives a fit seriously.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Maybe someone needs to do a review of his vehicle and see how upset he gets when all of the "flaws" are pointed out and nothing positive is said about it.

If he drives a fit, it sure can't go off road or other places we take our Xs.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I got tired of hearing about cheap plastics. What car today isn't made of cheap plastic by a Mexican sweat shop?

Pretty much every other late model vehicle.

Hell, I get pissed off when I detail my Wife's 06 Sentra. Both bought new, one was $18k msrp, the other $29k and the Sentra's plastics are way higher quality. It still looks new cleaned up and the Xterra plastics look like ****. To make matters worse, she doesn't take care of hers at all and I keep mine clean and conditioned.

That was a 2006 economy car. Interior plastics are way better now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
773 Posts
They are no better just polished plastic. If I sling mud into my interior I can easily clean it out and scrub it as well. I haven't heard of plastic interior prices breaking just scratched.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The issue is that my interior panels scratch easier than any vehicle that I've owned. I've owned a lot of vehicles at various price points.
Yep, easy to clean, not bothered by getting dirty but sure scratch easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts