Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 Off Road with the Rockford Fosgate system and was wondering about an in dash gps system. Does anybody have one or know about them, pics would be great.
-owen

·
on line
14 Posts
I have an 06 with the RF package and just did a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 install and it works great. You will need to buy a PAC OEM-2 to work the RF amp. You can also purchase the PAC SWIP-S controller which will enable the steering wheel controls to work. I did the install myself and it was was not to hard. I'll walk you through it if need be.

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, word for word thats the answer post i was hoping for. Actually though 20 minutes after i posted my thread i bought a still in the box alpine blackbird for 200 dollars less then it should be on ebay. So i'm no longer in the market, but your reply makes me wish i still was...

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To ColdRanger, some pics would be nice if you got the chance
-owen

·
on line
114 Posts
I have the Panasonic CQ-VD6503U which was supposed to get a Navigation add-on this year. Turns out that Panasonic decided to release a new model rather than make the navi add-on.

I may sell mine and get something else.

·
on line
3 Posts
Hey Coldranger, did you do the install yourself? Did you bypass the video? Is the bypass as easy as breaking a warranty seal and flipping a switch? Did you have to tap into the speedsensor wire?

·
on line
14 Posts
Yeah I did the install myself, first time doing an install and it wasn't that hard. Currently, there is not a bypass out for the AVIC-Z2. If you want a bypass pick up a Z1 or be patient as im sure a bypass will eventually come out for the Z2. I did tap the speedsensor wire, it is really easy to do because it is in the wire harness behind the radio if you have the rockfort fosgate package. If you have any more questions let me know.

·
on line
776 Posts
in dash gps

hey, I have an Eclipse Nav /stereo/dvd etc. system in my x. The Eclipses freakin rule. BIG + is that thieves know not to try and steal them, because they need a programming disc to reinstall them (and make the thing work anyhow) which is not available, except to the rightful owner! If yer into systems, the Eclipses have 6 volt pre-outs for a much stronger signal to your amps. Another plus, is that when the screen Is flipped down, it is very solid. Unlike some of its competitors... Uh hum, pioneer Avic's...

P.S. I had mine installed, and they said the video bypass is cake. They just tapped a wire, and ran it into a toggle in the glove, so that the by-pass can be optional.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
MachineHead said:
I have the Panasonic CQ-VD6503U which was supposed to get a Navigation add-on this year. Turns out that Panasonic decided to release a new model rather than make the navi add-on.

I may sell mine and get something else.
Same boat, I also have that Panasonic. There were suppose to be a lot of upgrades for it, but Panasonic decided to scrap the whole unit all together along with upgrades. Wish I knew that when I bought it...saw to good of a price and jumped on it and didn't do any research, highly unlike me. Live and learn. How does your's fit in the dash, I'm not happy with the fitment at all...to big of gaps and sticks out to far. Plus the pre-outs for a sub is retarded. Its a mono signal, why just one dedicated sub-out?!? Gheyness. Soon as I get a the money (probably not till fall) I'm upgrading to a Pioneer AVIC-D3, would like the Z1 or Z2 but little rich for me.

·
on line
18 Posts
Re: in dash gps

ridge runner x said:
hey, I have an Eclipse Nav /stereo/dvd etc. system in my x. The Eclipses freakin rule. BIG + is that thieves know not to try and steal them, because they need a programming disc to reinstall them (and make the thing work anyhow) which is not available, except to the rightful owner! If yer into systems, the Eclipses have 6 volt pre-outs for a much stronger signal to your amps. Another plus, is that when the screen Is flipped down, it is very solid. Unlike some of its competitors... Uh hum, pioneer Avic's...

P.S. I had mine installed, and they said the video bypass is cake. They just tapped a wire, and ran it into a toggle in the glove, so that the by-pass can be optional.
I have an eclipse too, and there's a pic in this thread. I'm really happy with it, but I just don't like the angle where the unit flips down; it makes it hard to see. I didn't think that programming disc would really discourage thieves, but i really hope it does! I found that the navigation works great, but the map discs are a bit lacking in my area. I really hope they update more roads in the 2008 disc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts