Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to order a new in cabin micro filter. On yournissanparts.com it doesn't state whether two filters are included or not. Does quanity one mean two filters?

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Good Q

Why not swing buy your local dealership and ask the person at the parts dept.

Let us know what you find out. I guess I should start thinkin' about replacing mine, too.

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The manual has pretty good directions for that too.

That's how I found them. I was wheeling in some smelly swamps and for the next 2 weeks my X smelled like sh*t. I looked it up in the manual, took them out, cleaned them with fresh water, let them dry and put them back in. The water had gotten to them. It was pretty deep and I was wheeling with the AC on. I guess it sucked it up.

Anyway thanks.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well How deep was that? Not me whatever the answer. Not intentionally anyways. I have a Run just outside my cabin door I have to cross, about high as it ever gets is like wheel high. But I always have to cross it.

And what do you think of the wash and re wear. I guess you can just take em out. Heck lets just find a K&N that fits in there! (JK) MC

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe just above the tires but I was hitting it with alot of speed. When I get nervous and think I may get stuck I tend to hit the gas. I'm trying not to do that anymore.
As far as the wash and reuse, That was before I found this site and I went to Pepboys but they didn't have it. I didn't know where else to buy it and I was afraid the dealer would want to know how I got it so dirty in 2 months, plus charge me some crazy amount for it. So that's why I did the wash and reuse.

·
on line
641 Posts
js479 said:
I'm going to order a new in cabin micro filter.
Can't say that I see the point myself - if I want air that's fresh and clean, I just roll down the windows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts