Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed the XTP IMS and I'm having some issues with idle, drive ability and brakes. Disconnected battery and followed instructions, went together fine. Reconnected the battery and it was idling erratically which was fairly expected but the brakes were also nearly useless. All the way to the floor and would hardly stop. I expected to find a hose or something else left disconnected but did not see anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit- It was the obvious brake booster line disconnected. Yeah I know. I usually wait to post questions but panicked because I need the truck tomorrow. The IMS seems to be pretty good. If someone could just delete this thread that would be great...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just installed the XTP IMS and I'm having some issues with idle, drive ability and brakes. Disconnected battery and followed instructions, went together fine. Reconnected the battery and it was idling erratically which was fairly expected but the brakes were also nearly useless. All the way to the floor and would hardly stop. I expected to find a hose or something else left disconnected but did not see anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit- It was the obvious brake booster line disconnected. Yeah I know. I usually wait to post questions but panicked because I need the truck tomorrow. The IMS seems to be pretty good. If someone could just delete this thread that would be great...
LoL, bump to increase embarrassment.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hammer
What a childish comment.

Afghanski
Don't pay attention to Hammer. You reached to the forum for help on an issue that was causing you problems, but you went back, found the cause of the problem and fix it, and you let us know you found it and it was solved, so that other members did not have to waste their time on an issue it was no longer needed. (I did not know acknowledging errors warranted such a childish response - I guess perfect people does exist (sarcasm)).

This is how a lot of members are able to help, by going back, looking again and again until they are able to fix it. Next time, when someone else experiences a similar issue, you will be able to provide with a possible solution.

Ramiro

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Something like that happened to me last time I went off roading. Disconnected the airbag plug and after off roading plugged it back in. The reset didn't work. I was so confused. Then decided to check the plug again. It was in but not all the way in. Pushed, heard the click, did reset again. Done. Face palm. It happens to all of us.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Happened to me while I was on call at work. Thank got I work in arrival clinic and had access to a few rusted no longer used forceps. Pic of them are in my build thread
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts