Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3500 miles on the oil in my X and I switched to the amsoil air filter. I drove to vegas straight and checked the oil and its still clean. In all my years I have never seen this. So there is something to it. My old k&n would have the oil black by now for sure
Just thought i would post that

MERRY XMAS TO ALL

·
on line
280 Posts
I did a lot of searching on here about this subject, the air filter, this past weekend. I'm pretty much convinced I'm going with the Amsoil since it doesn't need to be oiled, as well as the warranty.

·
on line
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running AMS oil w/ AMS oil filter but using the K&N drop-in air filter, looks like I should make the switch

I would have never believed it until I switched
Accoding to some the amsoil is almost 99% effiecent
the K&N 85

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I can't seam to find where i can purchase asmoil products. they're all wholesale distributors.

·
on line
735 Posts
AFE has a filter media that is almost as good as paper, but with twice the flow also, but they don't sell factory direct and are hard to get. The regular k&n gauze is worrisome though. I used to maybe re-oil mine once and then discard. The million mile warranty is only for the filter, not your motor..hehe.

·
on line
142 Posts
I switched from K&N Air Filter and mobile 1 syth to AMSOIL oil and air filter at the same time about a week ago. I am very impressed. It runs smoother, and the X does about 2-3 mpg better than ever.

·
on line
1,811 Posts
I switched from stock to amsoil airfilter and it runs great now, was getting like 250 miles to the tank but now i get close or over 300 miles. I also started using cruise control more. I am trying to get amsoil's oil but nowhere carries it and they are back ordered on there site. Anyone have any suggestion's on other oil's that are good? Thanks

·
on line
142 Posts
doeboy1984 said:
I switched from stock to amsoil airfilter and it runs great now, was getting like 250 miles to the tank but now i get close or over 300 miles. I also started using cruise control more. I am trying to get amsoil's oil but nowhere carries it and they are back ordered on there site. Anyone have any suggestion's on other oil's that are good? Thanks
If you just order the amsoil, it should ship within a week or two.

Or you can google it to find a local dealer. Most dealers are from private homes.

For example, if I google "amsoil sumter sc" the first dealer to pop up is with just a few miles of my home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts