Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: This is my 2nd Xterra. After having nothing but bad luck with a previous make/model SUV, I traded it in for this glorious rig. I know shes not much to look at just yet but soon enough she will be the ultimate camping rig. My wife and I love going into the Sawtooths and the Frank Church Wilderness and getting away and this is the perfect vehicle for it.

Off-roading in Idaho by John Winn, on Flickr

Username: ImJohnnyT

Make: Nissan
Year: 2012
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro-4X
Color: Glacier White

MODS

Wheels/Tires:
- 5x285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's
- 1.5" Wheel Spacers
- Stock wheels
- Melt mod
- Trimmed Front Fender

Suspension:

FRONT:
- Radflo X 2.0 Coilovers
- PRG 1" Spacer
- SPC UCA

REAR:
- PRG 2.5" AAL
- Blistein 5125 Shocks
- VHS Red Shackle (Middle setting)

Exterior:
- Shrockworks front bumper w/9500lb Smittybilt winch
- Maxterra Rear bumper w/tire carrier and Hi-lift
-- Yakima Sparetime bike rack on rear tire
- Hepdep roof rack w/extension and expanded metal floor
- Plastidip front and rear emblems
- Rear Tail light guards
- Gobi ladder
- Viggs hood blackout
- Airflow Snorkel
- 1/4 Bumper mounted reverse lights (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5AAX5S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
- Rear Diff. Breather mod courtesy of Offroad Gorilla
- Ventshades
- Bed lined lower rear quarter panels and lower rockers

Interior:
- Uniden Pro520XL CB Radio w/Firestik 3' II Antenna (5' for trips)[/URL] and angle bracket
- Fire extinguisher mounted in passenger compartment
- Maglite mounted on drivers side door
- Sgt Lobo shelf
- Xterra rear carpet
- DIY interior Cargo carrier
- 250w 110v Power Inverter in rear cargo area
- Aftermarket rear hatch struts

Engine:
- Stock

COMING SOON (Within the year):
- Sliders

PHOTOS

Last year. This is the last time she'll look like this as Ive got a bunch of goodies on the way.

The day I brought her home. I immediately put the Yakima rack on it (I had it on a previous vehicle):

Stereo Installed:

Sep 17 2014 - Got new shoes! Goodyear Duratracs 285/75/16 with a little melt mod done the night before

Before and after with the PRG 2.5" lift

Picked up my MaXterra rear bumper w/tire carrier from Dave down in Utah this weekend!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New tires put on today! OP updated. Also, have a 2" PRG lift on the way, should be installed within 10-14 days! :) Also contacted Dave (Maxterra) about ordering a rear bumper from him, hope to have that by Thanksgiving. :) Things are coming along slowly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
what did you use to clean up the extra plasti dip from the inside of the Xterra lettering ?
A cooking skewer. I actually had to use something stronger than just a regular toothpick, it was a skewer for cooking kebabs. The 3M tape that they use doesn't leave much of a "line" behind the decals to make a clean cut on the dip. I may just take the decals off, dip them and put them back on. I cant seem to get it just right without doing that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is one sweet rig! Gives me something to aspire to! How do you like your PRG lift? I am thinking about doing the 2 inch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I gotta say, these pics just don't do it justice... I saw it parked up Military Reserve road the other day and was awe-struck at how sweet it is in person! Well done JohnnyT!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is one sweet rig! Gives me something to aspire to! How do you like your PRG lift? I am thinking about doing the 2 inch.
The PRG kit was fairly easy to install, it took me and a friend a day (started early, took a lunch/beer break) and were done before sundown (winter daylight).

As far as ride height its great. Not too tall but enough that its noticeable. I do however have a strange clunking sound going on underneath that I need to look at. Sounds like something is loose or making contact, usually when I'm turning the wheel at slow speeds. Not sure if that has something to do with the angle of the lift or if somethings come loose in the process of lifting it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Here's a shot after I painted the lower rocker with Duplicolor Bed Liner. I think it turned out great.

I also took the rear quarters off and did those as well. The texture of these is a bit more like sandpaper where as the lower rocker is smoother like regular spray paint.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts