Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
316 Posts
Nice. That mounting bracket is expensive but definately worth it.

·
on line
131 Posts
If you look at things you want long enough, they suddenly become a good idea to buy, and you wonder how you did without them (until the bills start piling up).
So would the NISMO bracket be covered under warranty?

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Just remember those GPS units are HOT items to steall!!!.. takes seconds to bust window.. & grab unit.

they are fast sellers on the street.

I remove all tales of a GPS unit from my dash.. XM unit I stuff in pocket.

·
on line
707 Posts
That is a pretty bad a$$ set up. Be much easier then the laptop and handheld GPS thing I do. I really like the USGS maps in the National Geographic program, but if that Garmin topo is even half as good it would be worth it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
hendrixfan said:
That is a pretty bad a$$ set up. Be much easier then the laptop and handheld GPS thing I do. I really like the USGS maps in the National Geographic program, but if that Garmin topo is even half as good it would be worth it.
The Garmin topo isn't even close to the quality of the NG State Series topo. The MapSource Topo is 1:100,000 scale and has very little detail. The NG State Series are 1:24,000 scale and direct digitized scans of the USGS maps.

Will the Topo 2008 work on the Nuvi's? I know the old version would not.

·
on line
97 Posts
Mcampana, looks like you and I ordered the same gear from the same people at the same time. My stuff will also arrive on friday... Well guess great minds think alike. Did you also order the topo maps from garmin? I have not but I know I can get them local at the mega REI store out here.

·
on line
114 Posts
Muzikman said:
hendrixfan said:
The Garmin topo isn't even close to the quality of the NG State Series topo. The MapSource Topo is 1:100,000 scale and has very little detail. The NG State Series are 1:24,000 scale and direct digitized scans of the USGS maps.

Will the Topo 2008 work on the Nuvi's? I know the old version would not.
Beggers can't be choosers, at least there's the option for topo maps. 90% plus percent of the GPS navigation options won't do topo maps at all.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Just the car style GPS units. They might make up 90% of the market now, but for years it was hand held unit or GPS pucks for you laptop, both do Topo maps.

Also, does it state that the MapSource Topo will work on the unit? Like I said, I know it didn't use to.

I love Garmin, but that is one place they have been lacking in years is decent quality Topo maps. Even the TOPO 2008 sucks. I figured they would have actually made improvements to the maps themselves.

·
on line
564 Posts
mcampana said:
Well i ordered my garmin nuvi750 from amazon for 358 today...
Wow, that's an awesome price! How'd you get it for $358? The cheapest they offer now is $377.99.

Rob

·
on line
564 Posts
Oh...cool thanks!

Rob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts