Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long time looking I have officially bought an Xterra. It will be a 2006 Graphite Off Road Edition with a 6-speed manual trans. The dealership also threw in the 100K powertrain warranty, I'm not sure if that already part of the Xterra package or an add-on.

I wanted to thank all the members here who answered all my questions and gave me tips on where and how to look for one. I especially want to thank cornick who went out of his way to check out Xterras at the dealership by his house so I didn't have to trek the 2 hour drive to look myself.

I couple of pieces of info I learned from people. Now some of this may be exageratted a little because some of the souces where looking to sell me something. First according to carsdirect.com, There are no more 2007 Off Road Editions being sold in the US as new or left-overs. They were actually going to take that selection off the internet when choosing for a vehicle. It coincides with the inventory at the dozens of dealerships I looked at the Nissan website. That is why I went with the 2006. The second, which I'm not sure is already common knowlege but was told to me by two seperate dealerships, is that Nissan will sell very, very few 6-speeds in 2008 if any at all and the the Off Roads will be rare this year too. The one dealership told me that they are allotted 4 Xterras a month, which 2 will be SEs (which come with ATs by default) and at least one X or S, or both. They were dealerships who told me this info though.

Once again I thank you all and hope to see you on the trail soon.

-Sean

·
on line
122 Posts
Congrats! I bought a 2007 black OR automatic from Middletown Nissan here in Middletown, NY on August 30th, I guess I got the last one in the area. Have fun.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Sweet man, glad you posted something. I had one of the guys looking at all the dealerships! I'll tell him to stop. :)

Congrats btw!

·
on line
735 Posts
I'm hoping my 6spd 2005 OR will be an easy sell. seems I chose wisely and I knew finding an up-optioned model with a stick is a bit rare, I bought it as soon as I found it.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cornick said:
Sweet man, glad you posted something. I had one of the guys looking at all the dealerships! I'll tell him to stop. :)

Congrats btw!
Hehe sorry I didn't realize you were doing that for me should have sent you an email as soon as I knew I got it.

·
on line
250 Posts
Hey Seels. Is your 2006 new or used? If it was new, did you get a big discount on it? Just curious since I had found quite a few unsold 2006's in dealers inventory a few months ago when I was shopping around.

Phil

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pso said:
Hey Seels. Is your 2006 new or used? If it was new, did you get a big discount on it? Just curious since I had found quite a few unsold 2006's in dealers inventory a few months ago when I was shopping around.

Phil
No, it has 25K miles on it. Since I was looking for the extremely rare OR/6-speed combo with my X I did not find any 2006's with super low milage or no milage at all. I feel that I got an average price for the car, not good or not bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts