Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Pro 4X - Black, Manual Transmission
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I have a 2014 P4X with only 33K miles - its value as a trade is $21k so i'd say take the money and run ;)
$21k, says who? Thats not right... (Also Manuals are much rarer so worth more..)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Rare doesn’t equal valuable. Manuals are worth less than an auto per all the valuation sites. And that was $21k trade value which would be less than a retail value.
Way I see it is Simple Demand & Supply : Demand is & remains high, while supply is much lower = Higher prices. Basic economics, wouldn't you agree?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Way I see it is Simple Demand & Supply : Demand is & remains high, while supply is much lower = Higher prices. Basic economics, wouldn't you agree?
Sure but your conclusion that manual SUVs are in high demand is wrong. There’s a reason they are rare...no one wanted them. There exists a population of people out there who exclusively want manuals (myself included) but don’t let your affinity for manuals sway your judgment on reality of the market. As I maintain $23k is a very fair valuation. I purchased my ‘15 P4X 6MT with 77k on it in July for $20k OTD.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
While there arent many, there are a few viable replacement for the X. fixing your old one is not a wise choice. it will never be the same. try to negotiate them up as much as possible and take what you can get( dont buy it back for salvage) and start searching for a new vehicle. I'd really be considering a gladiator. maybe a bronco but idk when you'd actually be able to get one.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'd recommend looking into the new ford bronco. As an xterra owner myself the new bronco is my contingency plan.
I wouldn't be buying anything from Ford in its first year. The new bronco looks cool, but let others be the Beta tester. Buy another X. Go Bronco in another 3 years or so - assuming Ford is still in business (there $125 billion in debt, and paid over 8% interest on short term bond financing during Covid). I grew up in a Ford family and drove many F150's - so its sad for me to watch.

·
Registered
Stock 2013 Red Pro-4X, 100k miles, purchased 2 years ago.
14 Posts
A lot of replies. My X was totaled out and I was very upset about it but there was nothing I could do about it. I was told any other shop would probably want the same ridiculous amount. i took the money and put it towards a better X.

My insurance company asked me to list upgrades to the car and their cost. I got a few more bucks for the money i had put into it.

Agree with other posts: the damage is probably worse than it looks, the body will never be the same and if the frame is bent, good luck on finding a shop that can straighten it. Plus, the SRS system could be affected, even if the air bags did not deploy. It's not like a 1960's car: the electronics add a whole new world of possible problems.

in conclusion, it sucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
What's the latest report @CanXterra?
Thanks for asking. I was going to post an update, but am just waiting to settle-up with Insurance... (should be today or tomorrow...) As soon as that's done (and the check clears) I'll update, I promise! Thanks for patience

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Based on that last post it looks like CanXterra headed the wise advice to take the total loss path at least!
Not necessarily .. Under any circumstance, I'd be paid a payout from insurance, and either try to find something different & comparable to replace it with (either another Xterra or something else, new or 2nd hand) or, take the payout minus the salvage value, and try to have it repaired on my own... I'm hoping to receive check from Insurance tomorrow, and then promise to update you all.

Either way, whether you realize it or not, you've all been extremely helpful to me, and have helped me stumble my way through this very stressful, unexpected calamity... One thing i've learned for sure : It definitely aint easy to try to replace a Black StickShift 2015 Pro4X with less than 48,000 miles... The pickins are SLIMMMMMMM

61 - 72 of 72 Posts