Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I searched until I popped a blood vessel trying to find the illumination wire color. I would like to connect my rocker switch to the illumination that powers my side mirror adjustment. The switch is going in the black space next to the power switch, however, there is a lot of wires for that switch, I am not really sure which one is the illumination wire, which I want to splice into to allow my rocker switch to illuminate when I turn on my lights. Does anyone know what color the illumination wire might be so I can splice into it? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Illumination wire for OTRATTW switch

Use a multi meter to figure it out. Put the + probe in the back of the terminals one by one ( - probe to a good ground) and cycle the parking lights until you find the one that indicates 12v with the parking lights on.

Sent from you know where...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks Ill try that. I was just hoping someone knew which wire off hand :confused:

·
on line
22,508 Posts
OK thanks Ill try that. I was just hoping someone knew which wire off hand :confused:
That will take you less than a minute to check. You gotta do a little bit of work on this man.

If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for life! ;)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
one of them off of the glovebox light will work, that thing turns on you turn you lights on

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Not all of the Xterras have glove box light. And aren't our lights a switched ground? If you find a + to splice and then connect the ground to the illumination ground then it will illuminate and DIM with the rest of the lights?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That will take you less than a minute to check. You gotta do a little bit of work on this man.

If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for life! ;)
Nice quote. Well maybe a little like 5 minutes, I am a little special when it comes to things like that :confused2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts