Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm embarrassed to admit I had a stereo shop install a new head unit in my 2014 X, and in doing so they somehow messed up the electrical circuit provided to the ignition switch (hence this post in 'electrical').

So when I got home from the install, I sat in the driveway to configure the new head unit. I quickly realized that the dash was fully illuminated even though the key was in the ACC position. One more click to the right and everything remains the same. If I turn the key on more time it starts the engine as expected. When I turn the engine off and back to the ACC position, the dash lights remain all lit up. [email protected]#$%&*

Just wondering if anyone can help me understand what they could have possibly done to mess up the ignition switch? Naturally I plan to take it back there to make things right, but I'd prefer to be equipped with some knowledge about the issue first. I did search the forums but came up empty handed on this topic.

Lesson learned - should have just installed it myself.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I hate paying other people to fuck up my truck. Hope they get it right.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't appear that I can delete my own thead, so I'll just close it out by saying I drove it back to the shop and they corrected a wiring mistake and all is well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts