Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says! Has anyone thought about going this route instead of the sas? Is it even (theoretically) possible?

Eager to hear your thoughts! Thanks, Mike... :bom:

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mcampana said:
He means swaping our ifs with say............an ifs from a wrecked fjcruiser......right?
Precisely what Mark said! Im Talking about swaping in an Ifs that doesnt break under stress... I.e. Ford IFS And Ford rear!!!

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IFS

willgr1 said:
like swapping for titan components?
Yeah, Something like pre runner greg did on wifeys Xterra, except with much cheaper components...(no way I can afford titan diff, axles, etc...)

·
on line
99 Posts
there was a lot of talk about the ford ttb a while back , at least on the frontier forum, but I don't believe anyone was able to get it to work... it would be a great option though

·
on line
807 Posts
JACTerra said:
there was a lot of talk about the ford ttb a while back , at least on the frontier forum, but I don't believe anyone was able to get it to work... it would be a great option though
lol, that is the goofiest suspension system ever. I definitely wouldn't want a ttb under my truck.

·
on line
666 Posts
I'd take a ford TTB if I hated my front tires, and wanted a great excuse to change them as offten as possible...

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Robb_D said:
"Twin Traction Beam" I believe was the proper title for their split solid axle type design...

sO ITS JUST LIKE AN IFS IN A FORD EXPLORER, X SHAPED W/ COILS & SHOCKS?

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Robb_D said:
I'd take a ford TTB if I hated my front tires, and wanted a great excuse to change them as offten as possible...
Your telling me, my 90 f250 wore through front tires like it was nothing. Biggest joke of a setup evar!

·
on line
145 Posts
ridge runner x said:
Robb_D said:
"Twin Traction Beam" I believe was the proper title for their split solid axle type design...

sO ITS JUST LIKE AN IFS IN A FORD EXPLORER, X SHAPED W/ COILS & SHOCKS?
Early Exploders. I think they went to a double A arm design in 95.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
if i were to do it I would look at the Toyota parts like what mark said, they have mostly proven to be decent and there is a huge after market for them.

·
on line
10 Posts
'96 through '04 Tacoma parts are everywhere and have good aftermarket support. Using just the front diff and either our axle shafts or the taco's shafts would probably be the most simple. Making the brackets to mount the new diff and customizing the axle shafts is way easier said than done! But if it worked you could then drop a tacoma axle under the rear ( great solid axles, I owned a '99 taco) and have a sweet setup! Very tuff, dependable, and wide variety of aftermarket parts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts