Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you worked at Nissan, and could make only two changes to the X.. what would they be?

Me.. I would offer a fold back canvas roof like the new Jeep, and I would most definately have a solid front axle option...

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I would want the solid axle but that would never happen so just a stronger front diff...

·
on line
735 Posts
front diff or new axle design

and either...

manual hubs
manual shift x-fer case

lets make that 3 things (the manual select goodies are small potatoes, although are more expensive).

·
on line
735 Posts
or.. how about a 2.9 or 3 liter 4 cyl turbo diesel

and

the front diff redo

(it's hard to pick just 2 things)

·
on line
896 Posts
1.Nismo version (complete with better front diff, nismo headers, and nismo intake)
2. Better quality, non scratch interior (also invent some non-fading plastic for outside)

·
on line
27 Posts
small list

Diesel engine
power rear window or even a rear window that opens
Make Painted bumpers front and back standard
Stock rear mount tire carrier
Better bumper to bumper warranty
More special editions options for the Xterra

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
a) Optional V8 and with it comes the upgraded front diff + real off-road gear ratios (4.10)
b) Proper leather interior, with more conforming seats (would almost be worth the trade off for the fold-down pass. side)...maybe like the Nismo Juke had and an optional Recaro set, same as.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Replace all paper gaskets with proper rubber last forever gaskets and orings.
Remove all the nanny power reduction in the ecu, so proper power can be made.

I could change the gasket swap for stronger rotating assembly so a blower can be used with out blowing the engine up.

·
TNX Administrator
20,253 Posts
1. I would have never killed the Xterra Production.
2. Upon Pathfinders redesign, I would named it something else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1.Nismo version (complete with better front diff, nismo headers, and nismo intake)
2. Better quality, non scratch interior (also invent some non-fading plastic for outside)

I went from a 2005 Frontier Nismo Off Road to an X. Id buy the Nismo all day in an X.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts