Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

After 50K+ miles on my Radflo 2.0's I thought it was time for a rebuild. Reading through a lot of the posts here about people turning to Radflo for the rebuild and getting ripped off (upselling), I decided to look elsewhere for my rebuild. I went to Kartek (Corona, Ca) for new Eibach lighter 650lb springs to replace my 750lb's, I saw a card for Kurt Youngs at DC Shock Services in Azusa, Ca. I gave him a call and was quoted $75 a shock for rebuild. This is the same price quoted by Radflo. I also read many positive reviews for Kurt, so I gave it a shot. I gave him the coilovers on Monday and got it back on Wednesday. There was no upselling at all and seems like a great guy. I installed it right when I got home, and everything was perfect and rides nice again. I dropped 1" due to the lighter springs but that was expected. He will accept mail-in's just give him a ring and set it up.

Cliff notes version...if you need a coilover rebuild, any brand, go to Kurt Youngs at DC Shock Services. 626-252-3566.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Huh, not sure what upselling you are referring to, I bought my 2.5 coilovers off a member here, UPS'ed them to Radflo, then drove down to Fountain Valley and picked them up, was like $150 for the pair and they even replaced the valves. Didn't get any hassle what so ever, and they were ready exactly when they said they would be. But perhaps YMMV. BTW, Deaver Springs are also in OC, not far from Radflo -- I did one trip to pick up both the coilovers and my new custom leaf packs. Was an exciting day for me :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Bought the seals and oil direct from Radflo, they were pleasant to deal with. Will re-seal them myself whenever I pick up a spring compressor. Greg from PRG will also rebuild them for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts