Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

What color would you get if you were getting a new Xterra today?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to see a general consensus on color. I still have two more days until a trip to dealer. I have my mind set on yellow but I am having second thoughts. Black/darker color looks professional and yellow seems fun/sporty. I just wonder if yellow would fit my work environment. :)

I also heard that Red has higher insurance policy. Is this even true?

Please vote! I would like to see your preferences. :)

·
on line
735 Posts
I bought a year end model. I knew the OR model was desirable- One of the first ones I walked up to had the 6 speed and white paint. I can't tell you how happy i am to have white (I think it is my fist new car that was white). easy to clean, stays cool in summer.

I did buy a black truck recently, but I keep thinking that that was stupid. I'm considering a personal policy to only buy white vehicles from here on out.

the yellow..I don't like it, but a couple of the metallic colors look real nice to me.

·
on line
384 Posts
Dark colors like midnight blue and super black look so awesome when they are clean. But reality is that I don't spend much time keeping the X spotless so I like my dirt-hiding Granite (Desert Stone?) and would get it again.

·
on line
142 Posts
I love my Solar Yellow X but it does show the dirt! But I would most likely get it again anyway. It's just so easy to find in a parking lot!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I've been crazy (?) about yellow for quite a few years, hence my yellow X and trailer--

--When I buy a new 4WD SUV-it will be yellow !!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
60 Posts
i love my night armor X. i see that color alot. my sister has a the desert stone, but i get more compliments on my color then hers. no offense to anyone with desert stone, but that color looks like it belongs on a grand marquis or something. my personal opinion though...

·
on line
2,125 Posts
also if u plan on wheeling a lot the darker colors will show scratches 10x more than the lighter colors. (well maybe not 10x more) but the scratches will show a lot more. i like my original color Red Brawn, because while yes it shows scratches a little easier than white or silver, even when dirty, it looks freakin sweet! and when clean, people have asked if it was orange. lol.

·
on line
638 Posts
If I end up with an Xterra, it will be Night Armor. I think that the darker colors look more professional, as well.. I'm going to be a loan officer so I need something that looks grown up! Yellow is definately out there.. I'm not too crazy about it but I think it does fit the attitude of the X.

I've always had either white or bright red vehicles. I really miss my red Z71, but the white one is pretty sharp in its own way.

·
on line
516 Posts
Ummm....shouldn't this post be in the POLL section?

I'd get super black.

·
on line
13 Posts
I had a 05 X that was Granite. I totaled it, and got an 07 Night Armor X. Down here in Houston, the Night Armor always looks dirty with all the rain. Don't get me wrong, when it comes out of the car wash it looks great. I just don't have the time and money to go to the car wash twice a week. My third X will be silver lightening or Granite.

·
on line
874 Posts
i miss canteen green...my 05 was that color, now i have the blue....

·
on line
360 Posts
Excellent color! The first X I ever drove was canteen green... a spur of the moment test drive last summer. Later that day I ended up buying a brand new 07 night armor. I like how the bumper blends in with the color and the matte color of the stealth wheels really sets it off. I'd choose the same if I had to pick again... although I am intrigued by Red Alert.. I've yet to see one in person.

·
on line
874 Posts
whats it gonna take to get canteen added to the poll?

·
on line
131 Posts
I walked onto the lot intent on buying a Night Armor, and left with the Red Brawn that was parked next to it. In the sun, the Red caught my eye and I wouldn't have any other color X now. I have the only Red Brawn X in town (as of now), and see blacks and whites, with a few canteens thrown in often. My next X will be Red Brawn, if the color still exists then.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts