Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to ski this morning, I drove by and saw this:

Brand new "shrocked" 2008 Xterra OR. It has the shrock from bumper and WARN winch ( "Shrockworks package". $4376), Daystar "leveling kit" ($433) and ProComp M/T Extreme 285/75/16's ($952).
The total price they were asking for this baby is around $36,705.
(prices are from what I could read by blowing up the window sticker).

Those 285's tuck NICELY in the rear... I didn't see if/how they trimmed the wheel whell, and didn't notice the "leveling kit" until I looked at the sticker. I would think this is pretty definitive proof that they are "mod friendly" :cheers:

I am going skiing again tomorrow and should be in Boulder again... I'll try to get more pics.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
does that have the shrock skids. from the last picture it looks like oil pane skid is the stock skid. y would they list this as a shrockworks package and have only the front bumper. imo thats a little much for only the front bumper and a winch. i might be stupid, but that kinda seems like a rip. and yeah i kno its a little off topic but.....

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xterraguy4life said:
does that have the Shrockworks skids. from the last picture it looks like oil pane skid is the stock skid. y would they list this as a shrockworks package and have only the front bumper. imo thats a little much for only the front bumper and a winch. i might be stupid, but that kinda seems like a rip. and yeah i kno its a little off topic but.....
I saw no sliders and no other skids... just the front bumper and front skid. The other skids were the stock OR ones.

It did seam a bit steep; but then again, this is at a dealership.
I was just excited to see that they built it!

·
on line
707 Posts
Wouldn't be a dealership if they didn't jack the prices up a bit. Even if the price is too high, that is very cool that added the best after market parts around. Plus it looks like they saved someone the hassle of having to remove the mudflaps! :thumbleft:

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I'll admit it nice to see that at a dealership, but my truck is more "Shrocked" than that X and I don't even have the front bumper.

I wonder if they'll void they're own warranty?

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Lets see how it all breaks out...

Bumper, $1,000; winch, ~$800 (depending on model); Daystar, $300; Tires, $1,000; Yak rack, ~$300; powdercoating, ~$300. Total, ~$3,700. Deliver adds some mark-up on their side plus install to bump it up to a $6,700 add. Yeah, it is a lot, but they'll sell it, and the Boulder X's are a bit over priced to begin with anyway (I remember they were typically ~$2,000 higher than Denver area X's when I was looking). I too would be curious to see what they had to say regarding the warranty.

Jolly, go in and get them to give you a written quote on it, and have them include that the mods won't void the warranty. Future ammo. :geek: Regardless, good sight to see!

·
on line
169 Posts
Yeah I drove past BN the other day after getting my X washed, and did a double take when I saw that. I guess I could get BN to install a lift/Shrock it, if I really wanted to... They have a great sales team, and I haven't had a problem with them yet, even though my truck is stock.

·
on line
169 Posts
By the way, we got our CO X for a couple hundred less than our PA X, and it had more options. (Utility? First aid kit, fold flat seat, and step rails)

·
on line
576 Posts
The dealer here in Guam sells the X and Frontier with the Calmini 5" lift. and the Titan with something similar. I asked if they warrantied it with the lift and they said the dealership would cover it if Nissan wouldn't because of the lift. Of course they were surprised when I mentioned about the exploding front differential. I guess they're used to it since most of the 4wd's here are SAS and use tractor tires just to make it through the trails.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I was going to do my lift, I called BN to ask what they would charge... the service guy didn't have any prices (the sepcific person who did those types of mods wasn't there) but said they could do a 3" and 6" lift! They didn't say who's product they used, but mentioned that it was on the East Coast... I should have a stop by BN tomorrow and see what they say about all the mods and the warranty.

...if I have time :(

·
on line
120 Posts
When I was down at Boulder Nissan the parts guy said he knew of no front diff failures but did acknowledge the the clutch was crap. That and the rear springs are weak.
He also said that the bumper was hard to install and some of the bolt holes needed to be egged out to fit properly. Only have the sliders on mine so I had no idea what to look for to verify his comments....

·
on line
1,054 Posts
that is deffinitely pretty cool, having worked for a dealership before i know all to well first hand on how much they jack the prices up.

dealers will often double if not triple the cost of those extra mods, the dealer i worked for charged a guy 10k for suspension,20s on muddin tires, window tint, 3m tape for the front and a few other items. it was beyond rip off but the dude was loaded and didn't care.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update...

I was in Boulder Nissan about 2 weeks ago to grab a rear wiper blade. On the shelf I saw a NOS bottle and a big-ass turbo. I asked the guy "you will install this stuff in cars"... to his response "We are a 'high performance dealer'... hells yes!". So I asked, "then a few mods to my X won't cause warrenty issues"... to his response "waddya got..." (lift, sliders) "... nope, no problems at all; ya know, we do lifts too."

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts