Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the 3 different idle relearn, throttle position ect.

I cleaned my throttle body a while ago and began having high idle issues. Did the relearn and all seemed well. The more time goes by the more i think my idle is too low. Dont get me wrong, for the most part my truck is pretty smooth at idle but i might be a bit OCD about it's bit of rattle. I'm idling at 550 once in a blue moon a bit lower. That just seems a bit low. Advice recommendations or am i just being to anal about smoothness at idle?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Very common with out trucks. You can bump your idle up with most quality programmers and it will fix the issue. Mine is set to about 750rpm and the annoying vibration is gone. The stealership can prob reflash your ecu to increase the idle as well, but they will likely charge as much as it cost to buy a programmer and do it yourself.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not having any luck finding the service bulletin. side note, didnt realize service bulletins warranted free repair. any info you can offer would be appreciated

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The good and the bad news of it...
I have an '05 so no go on this specific one
the good news is i don't have an issue with A/C on. A/C actually bumps me up to about 750-800 when the compressor is engaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts