Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen those slogans on my trips to jeep jamborees "it's a jeep thing...." and other. Maybe we can come up with a new slogan for the X that we all can agree to put on our trucks... just a thought but I rather have something original to the X than a modified jeep thing

·
on line
7 Posts
Don't know why I am still up when I have to get up early in the morning...
but for some reason this post turned some kind of crank.

X-Man / X-Woman
X is my thing
X-Rated
Xecutive
Show your X
jeep-away

·
on line
295 Posts
X= new clutch every 8000 miles

Your Jeep Thang need a tow?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I like the "X-Rated" stickers.

I'll be getting this for my Rubi. "It's a Jeep thing... I still don't understand"

·
on line
332 Posts
someone posted that they say a "I have your Jeep thing...Now it burns when I pee".

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about "It takes an X to know an X"

·
on line
1,407 Posts
eXTra fORt said:
What about:
  • I understand your Jeep thing, that's why I have a Xterra
Perfect!

·
on line
7 Posts
- Thank God I don't have a Jeep thang

- I had a Jeep thang, but am now in complete remission

- No Jeep thang

·
on line
429 Posts
I think this is the place for slogans, catch phrases etc. About the time I put a "Jeep Thing" type sticker on my X, a Jeep will be the only vehicle that comes by when I'm broken down some where.

I feel the same about the "___ recovery vehicle" stickers.

·
on line
332 Posts
no one has ever said a recovery vehicle cant roll over or break down

·
on line
7 Posts
Go ahead ruin the fun...
but, yeah - when you need someone to pull you out it will be that atheist jeep guy with the foreign accent... and when he sees your sticker they will just laugh and wave goodbye.

·
on line
429 Posts
Jodokast872 said:
no one has ever said a recovery vehicle cant roll over or break down
Neither am I, but the day I put a "____ recovery vehicle" on my X will be the day I break down and the only thing that comes by for hours is a ____ owner who's pissed about all the stickers he's reading. :cheers:

That's how my luck is.

·
on line
429 Posts
SE4X4 said:
Go ahead ruin the fun...
but, yeah - when you need someone to pull you out it will be that atheist jeep guy with the foreign accent... and when he sees your sticker they will just laugh and wave goodbye.
I'm not trying to ruin the fun. I'm more sarcastic than most, often to my detriment. I just saying I would rather poke fun at different brands of 4X4's on a forum or around the campfire, rather than on my X.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is why this should be a slogan that praises the X. and doesn't make fun of other brands :bounce:

·
on line
496 Posts
BGXterra said:
that is why this should be a slogan that praises the X. and doesn't make fun of other brands :bounce:
I agree, besides there is enough boneheads out there more than willing to damage your truck over a hurtful and oh so insultful phrase stuck on your truck. Besides we all know how uncooth Jeep drivers are, right Muzikman. dink :iconbiggrin:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Those damn Jeep owners SUCK! I look at it this way, it took my 9 months to break the X...it took me 2 weeks to break the Jeep. :)

I need to get a bumper sticker for the Xterra that says "My other car is a Jeep" and I need one for the Jeep that says "My other car is an Xterra".

You know the hardest part about having the X and the Jeep...deciding which one to wheel...you can only drive one vehicle at a time. Owning the Jeep with the front/Real lockers, Long Arm Sus, and a 4:1 TC ratio really makes me want to SAS the Xterra. I like the interior and room in the X, but love the way the Jeep just rolls over everything.

·
on line
295 Posts
kokopop said:
Night in Armor said:
X= new clutch every 8000 miles
I am confused? Your X needed a new clutch at 8K?
Yep, and the second one's not that great either. First replaced due to manufacturing defect. Grease where it shouldn't be glazed that puppy.

XOC has folks working on thier third. Heard tell from some Nissan techs. that the clutches are "paper thin." Heard on XOC not from Cyclemut.
It's the only thing that I believe was under engineered from my 2002 manual that went 30K with the clutch still like new.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts