Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think this bumper is a great option for our Xterras - I've looked at these a few times - curious as to the total weight as well, and also the lead time in weeks ( from day ordered to day it arrived on your doorstep)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I placed my order on March 29. I will see if I can weigh it. Shipping weight says 200lbs.
That includes the pallet and shipping materials. I can promise you it doesn't weigh 200lbs, at least mine didn't. I didn't actually weight it, but it was fairly easy to install because of it's fairly easy weight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey RikRong do you think this winch would work well? APEX 12,000 lb. Winch with Synthetic Rope and Wireless Remote (harborfreight.com) I would expect to have to trim the grill around it.
Pretty much all winches follow general size guidelines. I’d expect it to fit.
Like Zane said, it should fit in there. However, he was also right about the potential of having to trim the grill. One of the other guys that purchased this bumper around the same time as I did went with a smaller 10K winch, and I believe he got it in there without trimming. I'll have to dig around a little and see if I can find those posts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reactions: RikRong

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I got all excited reading the older posts and what the pricing used to be in 2015 ($750 bare).... Then going to their site and its now $1149 for the bare metal basic version...
Yup.
I regret not doing a front bumper years ago. They've ALL gone up. Even the Hefty, with no hoop or powder coat is $1,130.
Now that I'm not wheeling much, and haven't trashed my front-end on the trips I HAVE done, its getting harder to spend MORE money on things like this. At this rate... shipping + powder coat, a Titan Swap just makes more sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the bumper and winch installed today. I was wondering if any body could direct me to a thread on how to connect up the winch electrical. I'm wondering how others have manage the connections and routing of the cable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts