Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got broken into between 10pm and 11:15pm tonight. Good news is all they got away with was a gps. I think they stopped when they pulled out a loaded 19rnd xdm mag from the center console. They could've taken my leatherman and fenix that are in the pass seat pocket. I hate this feeling. It didn't help that I found this after I put my 17m.o. in his car seat and went around to the drivers side and open the door.

Bad news is I think it was my fault. I might have left it unlocked and that almost never happens.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Got broken into between 10pm and 11:15pm tonight. Good news is all they got away with was a gps. I think they stopped when they pulled out a loaded 19rnd xdm mag from the center console. They could've taken my leatherman and fenix that are in the pass seat pocket. I hate this feeling. It didn't help that I found this after I put my 17m.o. in his car seat and went around to the drivers side and open the door.

Bad news is I think it was my fault. I might have left it unlocked and that almost never happens.
That sucks man, sorry to hear. Was this out your house or on the street?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Terrible. I had my Mazda6 broken into twice. Once they smashed the rear window and stole a backpack. Lost college text books and a pricey calculator. Second time it was on Cape Cod. Family reunion type thing and we all sort of live out of our cars. Thieves hit 10 cars in total all parked in a driveway or directly in front of the house. They nabbed piles of ipods, gps units and any cash/change. You feel helpless and violated. Silver lining is theres no damage right.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That sucks man - sorry to hear about it. <Edited due to lack of basic reading comprehension on my part>

Last bastards to break into my old truck rammed a screwdriver through the door panel to break the lock. Then they went to town on the ignition lock and failed. @#$%ers didn't even have the courtesy to steal the POS.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I know that feeling dude.. been there.. 3 times living at a sh*tty apartment complex. Took my tools, stereo and coins in the glove box.

You should switch your alarm function back to auto arm just in case you forget next time.

And I do agree with marksmatter.. you shouldn't leave any type of gun in the car overnight. Sooo much bad things can go wrong with that scenerio. Did you report the gun missing just in case the thief uses in an armed robbery?

·
on line
22,508 Posts
I think they stopped when they pulled out a loaded 19rnd xdm mag from the center console.
That sucks man - sorry to hear about it. I'd rethink leaving a gun overnight in a vehicle. No need to arm a criminal, and no need to place them on an equal footing with an armed homeowner should they decide they now want to enter your house.
And I do agree with marksmatter.. you shouldn't leave any type of gun in the car overnight. Sooo much bad things can go wrong with that scenerio. Did you report the gun missing just in case the thief uses in an armed robbery?
Maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think the o.p.'s weapon itself was in the truck, just a magazine.

·
on line
2,047 Posts
traveling south of the border, I installed the special window film for windows on buildings, I never had a window smashed on my truck. sometimes I would find large rocks next to my truck but never a crack or anything.

I would suggest anyone getting tint/film to consider the shatter guard type.

·
Registered
595 Posts
traveling south of the border, I installed the special window film for windows on buildings, I never had a window smashed on my truck. sometimes I would find large rocks next to my truck but never a crack or anything.

I would suggest anyone getting tint/film to consider the shatter guard type.
Wow - I never even thought of that stuff, but I have heard of it. 3M I think? I thought it had to be professionally installed?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
yes but when a firefighter/paramedic needs to get into your truck when your unconscious and the doors are locked that's also the rout they take.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correct, it was just the mag. I would never leave my firearm in the truck/car. But the mag is still here. And it's a house we're at. Who ever it is it seems like they're just walking down the sidewalk checking cars in people drive ways. Because those would have to be some crazy odds. They also got my wife's cell. But jokes on them, it doesn't work.

I don't remember starting this thread, just posting it elsewhere. If a mod made this cuz I posted in the wrong section, my bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
TNX Administrator
20,476 Posts
Yep, didn't belong where you originally posted it - so I moved it, but no problem, it worked out OK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts